PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

ChadEXer
09-30-2002, 09:08 AM
Some of you might know that my wifes 250EX was stolen a little while ago, were going to Little Sahara in a few weeks! The only other quads I have access to (for her) is a Rancher 4x4. Is there even a place on a Rancher for a flag?? Does anybody at the dunes have 4x4's????
Also, are you required to wear a helmet at Little Sahara??
Thanks

Razorback
09-30-2002, 09:19 AM
don't know about the flag thing, but you should be able to mount it somewhere or maybe buy something at the shop that mounts to any grab bar or rack.

when i went, i had a friend with a polaris 4x4 and it did fine. some of the tallest dunes, he would switch to 4wd. just like anything else without paddles, you need to some speed for the tallest dunes.

they don't require helmets and i can tell you that more people DON'T wear them than DO.

QuadJunkies
09-30-2002, 10:32 AM
There were quite a few here at St. Anthonys that had 4x4's and they did just fine..:)

ChadEXer
09-30-2002, 10:43 AM
Im sure ill find some way to mount a flag on that thing! The Rancher has Titan 589's on it now, do you think I should keep them on it or put the stock tires back on it??? My little girl cant wait to go, she will be cruisin around on her little E-Ton Rascal 40!!!! I bet the best time to ride is at night???? i wont be able to ride the 505 at night becasue I just remembered I dont have any lights on it:( Guess Ill have to ride the 300EX or the Rancher at night:(

QuadJunkies
09-30-2002, 10:46 AM
riding at night is a real trip!:) I would throw on your stocks.. BTW~~ how do you like your E-TON?? We too have an E-TON, our son loves it,(2002 Eton viper) HIs has a headlight,so we let him ride i nthe dark right around camp,he thought that was too cool>)>)

Razorback
09-30-2002, 11:02 AM
yeah, the stock tires would be your best bet. the "balloon" effect is what will help the rancher float on the sand, rather than dig in. there is a lot of riding at night at LS. that's when most of the buggies come out to play, also. just be very careful, because the dunes are tricky enough when there is light and there are some idiots out there with no regard for other people :(

ChadEXer
09-30-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
riding at night is a real trip!:) I would throw on your stocks.. BTW~~ how do you like your E-TON?? We too have an E-TON, our son loves it,(2002 Eton viper) HIs has a headlight,so we let him ride i nthe dark right around camp,he thought that was too cool>)>)
My little girl just loves hers, I jump on it and cruise around every now and then:D He!! its all I got to ride right now!!! I heard that E-Tons are junk, but weve had this one for about 2 years and still havent had any problems with it, its still only got about 2-3 hours on it though!!!

QuadJunkies
09-30-2002, 12:11 PM
WEll for being junk, I think they have been a good quad so far, and it is rated to be one of the better mini quads out there and the price is right on them toowe have put in a bout 20 hours on this one since May:):)..enjoy...:):)

Razorback
09-30-2002, 12:20 PM
i've always heard the e-tons are pretty good little machines. there sure are a lot of peewee's racing them, and other than the lt-80, i think there's more aftermarket hop-up parts for them than most other quads. some parents really sink a lot of $$ into those little things and some look really trick.

i'd like to have one for a pit bike :D

QuadJunkies
09-30-2002, 12:25 PM
When I get my Daughters mini Kasea fixed up this winter i will have to post a pic of it..:):)Shes gonna flip!Her B-day is Dec. 23rd, so we are getting her a
Trinity pipe for it, and Im designing a custom made graphics kit for her.(flames with the stars and stripes in the flames) and Douglas rims all the way around.
:blah I have seen pics of the Etons racing,and your right there are a getting to be quite a few aftermarkets for the Lt ,Eton and Kasea.

ChadEXer
09-30-2002, 05:50 PM
As soon as i "finish" mine, I would like to have hers bored widened, and lengthened!! And some decent shocks put on it!!!

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 07:20 PM
lots of 4x4s down there, just got back last night from there, more fun everytime I go.
As far as helmets they will let you out there without one, most people dont even have half there clothes on,
only thing is your flag has to hit their pole at the entrance, and taillights at night, other than that have fun

ChadEXer
10-01-2002, 08:07 AM
Well im glad to know i dont have to wear all my clothes:D
You say the flag has to hit their entrance,,,,how big of a flag will have to be on my little girls E-Ton to hit it???

99EXWFO
10-01-2002, 08:16 AM
Ive got a regular one on the 400, I guess its about 9ft, it hits the bar thing over the entrance about 1 1/2 foot down on the flag.
the nice thing about being down there is Jims sand toys in Waynoka and all the buggy shops around, someone can help rig something up and usually will stay open to help you out.
really nice people down there.
The first time I went I took my YZ250 and had all kinds of flag mounting problems.
I went to I think its calles B&S buggy in downtown waynoka on saturday morning and they took the time to custom make a bracket for the YZ---for $5.00!!!