PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Skyline R33, anyone?

Rider-trx_250ex
02-13-2007, 07:03 PM
So these cars caught my attention. Well actually the R34 did and the price range is way out there. So I found the R33 GTR or gts models. Which is a nice looking car too. So does anyone know about these cars? And about the right hand drive thing in the U.S.? And about how much about would it be to ship one from another country say japan, to north america? These cars seem pretty nice and would be a real head turner.

Kendall33
02-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I do believe that the right hand-side is illegal in the USA(unless your a US postman):p

Honda TRX250ex
02-13-2007, 07:09 PM
If this is your first car keep dreaming, you would never be able to handle it nor pay for insurance or the price of the car.

If not check on ebay theres US legal skylines there all the time. As far as i know you can drive right hand cars in the US, its kinda hard to but whatever floats your boat. You can be looking about 5-6 grand to ship it across seas also.

Hyperwarrior22
02-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Those things are so expensive and its cost a fortune to ship to bad boys

idro
02-13-2007, 07:12 PM
lol

Rider-trx_250ex
02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
If this is your first car keep dreaming, you would never be able to handle it nor pay for insurance or the price of the car.

Now I'm not going to be Speed Racer or driving like a mad man, and if I want something that insurance is high I'll be willing to pay for it. And from what I've seen on ebay so far all of the R33s go for around 10 Gs. If your correct for shipping then add another 6 Gs to 10 and its not cheap but not too expensive compared to what I've been looking at around me.

Honda TRX250ex
02-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
Now I'm not going to be Speed Racer or driving like a mad man, and if I want something that insurance is high I'll be willing to pay for it. And from what I've seen on ebay so far all of the R33s go for around 10 Gs. If your correct for shipping then add another 6 Gs to 10 and its not cheap but not too expensive compared to what I've been looking at around me.
Hey buddy im not being a arse here im just giving you the cold hard facts. Now i did not ever say that you were a speed racer, i said that for a first car you probly wouldet be able to handle it because you are unexperiense expecially driving on the right side. you will be looking about 25+ grand to import a R33 from euorpe and making it US street legal. Also where are you gonna find one for ten grand... just think about it is all im trying to say.

idro
02-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Which one of you 250ex guys was saying you could get a gsx for like 5-10k?

Now you can get a Skyline for 10k?

I guess i need to read more autotrader. :blah:

Honda TRX250ex
02-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by idro

You can easily get a gsx for under ten grand lol...

idro
02-13-2007, 07:47 PM
You can easily get a gsx for under ten grand lol...

wasnt you then, the dude argueing that posted a thread saying he found one for 17k in his area and a week later.... i had to gloat. :devil:

Honda TRX250ex
02-13-2007, 07:50 PM
wasnt you then, the dude argueing that posted a thread saying he found one for 17k in his area and a week later.... i had to gloat. :devil:
lol i wouldent be caught dead buying a gsx for 17k id get a nice 350z and twin turbo it and eat gsx alive llol

idro
02-13-2007, 07:52 PM
lol i wouldent be caught dead buying a gsx for 17k id get a nice 350z and twin turbo it and eat gsx alive llol

pfftttt for the longest i wanted a 350z but now i either want an s2000 or a WRX. can't make up my mind.

whiteflash
02-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Read....

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=105699

http://forums.automotive.com/community/70/15935/by-manufacturer/nissan/importing-a-skyline/index.html

http://www.motorex.net/skyline.html#

You have to be willing to shell out some serious cash as well as wait a long time....not worth it....

Rider-trx_250ex
02-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey buddy im not being a arse here im just giving you the cold hard facts. Now i did not ever say that you were a speed racer, i said that for a first car you probly wouldet be able to handle it because you are unexperiense expecially driving on the right side. you will be looking about 25+ grand to import a R33 from euorpe and making it US street legal. Also where are you gonna find one for ten grand... just think about it is all im trying to say.

Driving on the right side of the road would be a little hard and take getting used to but not an impossible task. Sorry if I seem to be jumping on you or anything but I just feel insulted when someone tries to tell me what I'm capabile of.

Rider-trx_250ex
02-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Throw nissan skyline r33 into ebay search. Almost all of them in Austraila and some in the US go for between 10 and 15, I'm not saying your wrong but the car itself goes for that, from what I've found on ebay so far. Now registration and shipping is a lot more and not included in the 10-15 grand. lol

And you can get a GSX for 5-10k in my area. Just have to look real hard, I've seen them go for that.

And as for considering a skyline, I think I'll wait a few years down the road, unless I find a great deal here in the US.

CRich[814]
02-14-2007, 08:40 AM
be a man, buy an el camino.

tat900
02-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Jspec cars will not pass emissions in the us and its ten grand to ship from japan

Rider-trx_250ex
02-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by tat900
Jspec cars will not pass emissions in the us and its ten grand to ship from japan

There is a way to have them pass or there woulnd't be any of them in the US.

tat900
02-14-2007, 12:01 PM
well how bout you go get a jspec skyline and show us hows its done

Snow
02-14-2007, 12:12 PM
You really want to go through all of this trouble for an R33? There are plenty of other cars in North America that can compete.

trick450r
02-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Snow
You really want to go through all of this trouble for an R33? There are plenty of other cars in North America that can compete.

thank you...its about time someone brings up the point that for the 70k it will cost you to buy one off of motorex which is one of the only companies that will import them and make them legal you could build an STI or EVO that will blow an r33 off the road, or better yet, buy yourself a nice 911 that will outclass anything produced on that little island and hang with or dust them on a track anyway.

dunnonuttin
02-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Kendall33
I do believe that the right hand-side is illegal in the USA(unless your a US postman):p no they are not illegal, ive seen a dude drivin one around at the beach and i asked about it and they are not

Honda TRX250ex
02-14-2007, 03:54 PM
There is ways that you can make the car pass US emissions by changing the calytic converter and other expinsive mods like that.
It is legal to have a right hand drive car in the US. You honstly do not want a skyline right now or a evo or sti. For your first car get a civic or somthing like that because you will eventually get into a accident, everyone does. why get a expinsive car and crash it.

deathman53
02-14-2007, 04:58 PM
aren't they all stick shift and since its a right hand side driver, that would make the shfter for the left hand. Now that would be alittle much for a beginner driver. I remember learning to drive, it was hard enough to pay attention to the road and not let all the little stuff distract you, judge car distance in front of you, what other drivers looked like they were gonna do and judging speeds to make turns in. The last thing I would want is a stick shift and a left hander for that, can't forget that those cars have some major power, too much for a beginner driver.

I would get a normal car(4 cylinder toyota, honda, or nission) used. Drive it for about 2-3 years, then think about what you really want. Keep in mind, stick shifts aren't for everybody, if you live where there is alot of stop and go traffic, you will be cursing that stick shift in little time. I had one, so I know how it is, it was fun to drive(for a pos pickup truck it was), but starting on hills and driving in traffic, killed the fun of it.