PDA

View Full Version : some urgent help needed

project_tecate
02-13-2007, 06:13 PM
My buddy recently dropped off his 05 raptor because it was sitting for a while and it wouldnt fire over. I completely pulled the carbs apart, cleaned them up and re-assembled figuring it was just old gas. Turns out now the bike will fire right up with the choke on but will stall out completely if the choke is off or you try to give it any gas at all. The carbs are fully seated in the boots so I cant see it being any type of air leak there.

This quad is pretty new and hasnt been ridden more than 20hrs prob. I pulled the plug and it kinda looked beat. Black and sooty, but didnt have wet oil on it. Not sure if 4t's work different than 2t's but is there a chance the plug was only good for the lower RPM at idle for some reason?

Next is the valves, I havent gotten to them just yet but if it starts up fine what are the chances on them being out of adjustment. The bike sat for a while and now it is colder out and I heard of them tightening up a little due to the weather.

And last does anyone have a straight answer to whether or not the 05 Raptors have the P-brake switch? That was my first guess but from what i can tell the only type of switch connected to the perch is the neutral start switch.

Once again it ran fine from what I was told when it was first put away several months ago.

Thanks