PDA

View Full Version : T.o.r.s / Reeds / Spacers ???

blueyeace1
02-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I just got my first Banshee !
Its all stock bored .40 over
full FMF Pipes & K&N filter in box with lid.
What everyone think about or has any1 used the T.O.R.S. Removal kit ? Worth getting it ?
It has stock carbs 28mm ...what reeds and cages are good to go with but not looking for racing just trail ridding having fun and do you also have to get spacers if change reeds from stock ?
Thanks any1 that can help me on this subject !

CRich[814]
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
vforce stage 3 reeds are suppose to be the best reeds for basically any smoker. congrats on the new shee. and you know we all want pics!

blasterfreak99
02-13-2007, 02:15 PM
i agree vforce is the best. i use boyeson reed because if you run vforce you have to buy their reed cage. you will not have to buy a spacer with with any reeds. they are just for increased bottom end. it helps out a lot for trail riding but you don't have as much over rev for drag racing.

1fst400
02-13-2007, 03:49 PM
the tors removal kit prevents issues as far as Im concerned.

v-force 3 is the way to go.

racingquads22
02-14-2007, 12:06 AM
from what i've read tors are nothing but a problem which is why they make removing kits not rebuilding or replacement tors..luckly i bought my banshee with tors already removed. they cause starting problems mostly from what i've read specially when its wet out...

also if you already aren't a member over on bansheehq.com you might want to sign up they will supply you with anything you need to know about your new banshee!

blueyeace1
02-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Like to thank you peeps for the info on this matter and it all help me out.
Heres a pic of the Banshee i just got...havent even rode it yet..Brrr to cold now we got snow and ice !

blueyeace1
02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
another..they are a lil dark but best i can do right now .

02-14-2007, 04:22 PM
good to see a older banshee in such good shape

Dinner
02-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Well our carb's are not stock because stock is 26. And 28's are really nice to have so that is already a set up for when you go bigger. Reed Spacers don't do much for performance, they are made for when you get larger carbs. So you put the reed spacers on so that the carb's will clear the clutch shaft, etc. For Reeds i would go with VF 3, yea they are pricey but they really help out a lot. Or if you want something cheaper, but still has good power. Get some TDR Reeds and port your stock cages.

Toadz400
03-16-2007, 10:00 AM
I just went with aftermarket 30mm Keihin carbs. I think I paid $220 for them and they are easy to work on and the throttle is so much easier to push than stock. The power is definately improved as I seem to have a lot more useable power with these carbs.