PDA

View Full Version : T.o.r.s / Reeds / Spacers ???

blueyeace1
02-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I just got my first Banshee !
Its all stock bored .40 over
full FMF Pipes & K&N filter in box with lid.
What everyone think about or has any1 used the T.O.R.S. Removal kit ?
It has stock carbs 28mm ...what reeds and cages are good to go with but not looking for racing just trail ridding having fun and do you also have to get spacers if change reeds from stock ?
Thanks any1 that can help me on this subject !

banchee dave
02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
welcome to the club. first off, unless you ride in real wet conditions, you don't need the lid. you will need to rejet for no lid. second, the fmf is great pipe combo for trails. the reed spacer will give you more low end torque and reduce the banshee stumble which is what you don't need in the woods. so you can use the spacers. The stock carbs which are 26 mm are good carbs to use in the woods, they offer great low to mid rpm range and decent high end, not good for drag racing though. I perfer v-force reeds but thats me. If you don't want to spend that much for cages than aftermarket reed petals for stock cages are what you want. Like I said you don't have to run spacers, but I do and thats me. Get rid of the tors. it's a source of many electrical failures causing the quad to run like crap. If it hasn't caused any problems yet, your lucky. all it is there for is if your slides stick. that big ***** carb cap is a pain to work around. If you do decide to get bigger carbs than you will need to remove the tors anyways. another thing to do is syncronize the carbs( both open at the same time). I bought mine new in 05 and the carbs were way off from the factory. one opened up to half way before the second one even moved.have fun and hope this helps some.