PDA

View Full Version : two dumb questions all rolled into one

the fat kid
02-13-2007, 09:08 AM
ok well first on a 04 z400 how do you shut off hte gas all i got on there is on, res, and like ir something,,, idk and second whta is the proper way to adjust the chain tension, pics on the chain tension would be appreciated, thanks in advance

tfk

drzoo2
02-13-2007, 10:05 AM
The gas is off when the machine is not running. There is a vacuum line from the carb to petcock. The only time gas will flow with the quad off is on prime. Your manual should show the chain adjustment procedure.

z

the fat kid
02-13-2007, 10:23 AM
ok so if i wanna 12'oclock it to wash it then id just leave the gas where it is and then tip it up with the machine not running. cool and do you know where i can get a pdf version of the 2004 manual./

450ERRRRRR!
02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Here you go.
http://thequadbuilder.com/tech/LTZ-KFX%20400.pdf

the fat kid
02-13-2007, 10:52 AM
thanks alot im being lazy right now, recovering from a concussion.

meankfx
02-13-2007, 10:58 AM
all you have to do is loosen the four bolts on the swingarm first make sure they are loose enough so the carrier will slide then you tighten the bolt in the center of the swing arm the bolt that is in the very back of the swingarm that bolt will loosen and tighten the chain then when you get the chain adjusted were you want it then you tighten the four bolts on top of the swingarm and then tighten the bolt in the back of the swingarm you can find a manual probably at a local suzki kawi dealership