PDA

View Full Version : Supercross

TXATVRIDER
02-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Went to Reliant Stadium this past Saturday for Supercross, talk about a freakin' blast and i can't get over how good James Stewart is. He's amazing and what about that 16 year old. What's his name i forgot? I sat right by the tabletop it was great.

Raptor68
02-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Ryan Villapoto?

Watching Supercross on TV is awesome, but it's so much more fun when you're there in person.

I can't wait til March 24th cuz that's the Indy Supercross.

miller821
02-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Is Carmicheal racing any races this season? I heard he's racing a few, but not many at all so I dunno.... And is the 16 year old Davi Millsaps? Cause he's fast too.

Tommy 17
02-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Is Carmicheal racing any races this season? I heard he's racing a few, but not many at all so I dunno.... And is the 16 year old Davi Millsaps? Cause he's fast too.

davi is out with a broken femur...

RC raced a few races... won 1 and got mostly second in th rest...

Unverfehrt400ex
02-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I know Ricky has won 2 races, maby even 3. and he's racing at st.louis in a few weeks. Im gona be there and cant wait. Bubba is extreemly fast but I kinda wanna see someone new ontop. The thing he pulled up in canada when he pulled out infront of travis preston really pist me off and made me loose some respect for him

muddy400EX
02-13-2007, 11:34 AM
im goin to st. louis march 3rd, cant wait:D went last and it was awesome

miller821
02-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
im goin to st. louis march 3rd, cant wait:D went last and it was awesome

Hehe yep, I'll be their:)

Sucks about Millsaps, he still racing 125; or did he move up to 250 this year?

Tommy 17
02-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Hehe yep, I'll be their:)

Sucks about Millsaps, he still racing 125; or did he move up to 250 this year?

he moved up to 450s last year in the outdoors...

he was gonna race a 250f this year in the east coast supercross if he was feelin ok but hes 2 heavy for the bike... so he decided to stay out of supercross and just come back very healthy for the outdoors!

miller821
02-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
he moved up to 450s last year in the outdoors...

he was gonna race a 250f this year in the east coast supercross if he was feelin ok but hes 2 heavy for the bike... so he decided to stay out of supercross and just come back very healthy for the outdoors!

Sounds good, can't wait to see him come back; cause for his age he defintely rips.

c450Razy
02-13-2007, 03:38 PM
what all nascar races is Carmicheal racing this year?

suzukigirl
02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
i'm hoping that reed steps up and takes the chanpionship....i lost a lot of respect for stewart after all of that stupid stuff he did at the toronto race(not saying that he isn't still an awesome racer)...and ya i think carmichael has won 2 races(vancouver and san fransisco)

416exfreak
02-13-2007, 04:47 PM
The 16 year old you all speak of is Ryan Villapoto...:)

mephyst
02-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Stewart is the man... Chad Reed is a cry baby, I've never liked him... He's always got an excuse, but he's just a pretty boy. I went to Anaheim 1, 2 and 3 this year. Loved them all! :) I hung out with Twitch throughout Anaheim 3, and we had a good time! My friend's cousin is Twitch's hot a$s wife. ;)

I can't wait for LAS VEGAS!!!! It's going to be soo fun.

Kurly154
02-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know if Carmichael is going to race in Altanta? I can't wait until February 24th for supercross in atlanta. Anyone else here going to the atlanta supercross?

ST87
02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Kurly154
Does anyone know if Carmichael is going to race in Altanta? I can't wait until February 24th for supercross in atlanta. Anyone else here going to the atlanta supercross?

Supposed to.. ill be there

Unverfehrt400ex
02-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Im really hopin Bubba dont walk away with this championship. If he can keep from wrecking i doubt anyone can run with the guy. Id love to see another close points race like last year.

TXATVRIDER
02-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Yeah me too i would like to see someone else be on top myself. I don't know what happened to Chad Reed this past Saturday he didn't look good out there. But you should have seen his entrance it lasted like 15 minutes of him in the bathroom looking in the mirror, walking through the dome and then coming out onto his bike and making a lap. Took forever everybody else just took a lap...lol

But yeah Ryan Villapoto is badass i couldn't get over him.

hdavis21
02-14-2007, 08:19 AM
yeah should be in atl this here it will be my third time i was there last year when bubba laid it down early and rc got the win!!!

Unverfehrt400ex
02-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Once Villapoto Gets one or two years under his belt and gets on a 450 he should be a great challange for bubba

02-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
davi is out with a broken femur...

RC raced a few races... won 1 and got mostly second in th rest...

Carmichael won two.

Even racing part time Ricky's got Bubbles number.

02-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Anyway, SX is just something to entertain race fans until MX starts up.

Unverfehrt400ex
02-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by garandman
Carmichael won two.

Even racing part time Ricky's got Bubbles number.

I wish i could agree with ya. Im a huge Carmichael fan but from what ive seen this year he cant keep up with bubba. Only times he's won has been if bubba has messed up. all the other times theyve raced bubba has taken it.

mephyst
02-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Ricky basically admitted in A1 that Bubba is better than him now... and that's why he retired a champion. Even the announcers were talking about it all night. No one can keep up with Bubba, and I think this is his year to shine. He's matured a lot in the past 3 years and it seems much more clear to me that he is actually controlling his bike at those speeds instead of riding in over his head. Bubba totally deserves it... when he is on the track all eyes are on him because he is so incredibly fast. Same with Villapoto.

But I agree, I would love to see more competition... even if they came from other countries. SX gets boring watching Bubba, Ricky, or Reed in the top 3/taking wins week after week. There has to be more people out there that can race up to their level... Hmmm.

Unverfehrt400ex
02-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Thats what makes quad racing so great. Any given day theres about 10 different pros that all have a chance at winning an mx race. and like the past several years each champoinship has been won by a different rider.

02-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Unverfehrt400ex
I wish i could agree with ya. Im a huge Carmichael fan but from what ive seen this year he cant keep up with bubba.

Can't keep up with him?

He's beat Bubbles TWICE.

As a PART TIME racer. Its near IMPOSSIBLE to race SX part time. Its a FULL TIME profession....just look at Travis. Perhaps more gifted than any racer ever, yet his part timing his race career made him beatable.

Yet racing part time, RC's still beating Bubbles. Bubbles is working full time, RC part time, and RC has still beat him TWICE.

Only times he's won has been if bubba has messed up. all the other times theyve raced bubba has taken it.

No offense, but that's just stupid.

The only time ANYONE beats anyone is cuz the other guy messed up.

Bubbles only beats RC when RC "messes up" ....misses a shift, blows a berm, cases a triple.

The only difference is when Bubbles "messes up" he eats sod.

I'm so sick of hearing this "RC only beats Bubbles when Bubbles messes up."

Its as stupid as saying "The only time RC wins is when he comes in first."

:rolleyes:

02-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
[B]Ricky basically admitted in A1 that Bubba is better than him now...

That's cuz RC is now an ambassador for the sport, not for himself.

Even the announcers were talking about it all night. No one can keep up with Bubba, and I think this is his year to shine. .

You DO realize the announcers are PAID to sell a product....their broadcast, right???

They do NOT sell that broadcast IF they say the guy taking all the first place trophies is in reality STILL the second best guy.

RC's kickin' back, racing part time, doing broadcasts, testing NASCAR, prolly going fishing and drinking beer and STILL beating Bubbles. TWICE.

SO far.

:rolleyes:

BTW, Ralph Shaheen is prolly the least knowledgeable SX announcer ever. Very capable broadcaster, but his knowledge of SX is as limited as my concern about Anna Nicole Smith.

AUBYD
02-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Ryan Villapoto is awsome he wrecked and still won first