View Full Version : Blizzard Weather....not sure if I am happy or sad

firefighterjosh
02-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Here in Indiana we are calling for Blizzard weahter. Lots and lots of snow. Not sure if I am happy or mad:confused:

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/46725?lswe=46725&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&from=whatwhere

5 - 8 inches today gust over 40MPH

Tonight 3 - 5 inches with 20 - 30 MPH winds

Tommorow Just snow with 10-20MPH winds:scary:

Stevie-D
02-13-2007, 04:03 AM
ya im not too exited about it either. according to the weather channel, we are supposed to get 8-12 inches tonight, the 4-6 tomorrow, along with 50 mph gusts:eek2:

finally broke down and somewhat cleaned the garage last night so i could find the parts for my plow and my tire chains:macho

bring it on *****:devil:

81 clark racing
02-13-2007, 04:12 AM
ya im in the 6-18+ range 4 to night. i cant wait that means serious plowing for me

ny300exrider
02-13-2007, 04:14 AM
i was hoping this storm would be a good one for us on long island since we havnt had snow once all year but it looks like its just going to be a mess. its going to snow 2-4 tues. night then switch to rain wed. then switch back to snow wed. night. going to be an icy, sloppy, storm. the only good snow is going to be on the roads late tues. night so unless i go out riding at midnight(which i might), its pretty useless to me.

Ritthjp
02-13-2007, 04:18 AM
I live west of you.. we're getting it with it right now.. yay! The snow is not that bad, its the freakin wind!

firefighterjosh
02-13-2007, 04:28 AM
Some coworkers are coming in for ther shift and they say its not too bad yet. But there is already a 1 foot tall drift in front of the door. Just glad I am leaving work and can't get snow in:macho

Ritthjp
02-13-2007, 04:30 AM
we're suppose to get an additional 5 inches or so, which will make it a little over a foot here by my guess.. the amount don't bother me..its the wind. I love working from home :)

Pappy
02-13-2007, 04:56 AM
ice here, snow and ice and cold. tonight will be interesting. by midnight we could see 3/4 of an inch of ice then the winds. :ermm:

i dont mind snow, but cant stand ice and wind

ShiftFMX
02-13-2007, 04:56 AM
9" by 8pm tonight! :devil:

firefighterjosh
02-13-2007, 04:59 AM
I am just glad I bought my Utility Quad.:devil: I am going drift bustin.

firefighterjosh
02-13-2007, 05:04 AM
I haven't left work yet but I think I am getting some snow:confused:

300exOH
02-13-2007, 05:46 AM
They are predicting 7-14 inches in our area. It snowing here now but we only have about an inch so far. Apparently the worst is yet to come. :ermm:

Time to break out the quads for some doughnuts with the kids.:devil:

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 05:57 AM
These are my everyday forecasts in central NY. ;)

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 05:59 AM
snow drifts on my works building...

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 06:00 AM
more... these are from this past friday

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 06:03 AM
1 more....

I will have pics this friday of the snow drifts on the sides of the road...they were approximately 3/4 of the way up the telephone pole... maybe next week I will have pics from my uncles house who lives in Lacona...small town above pulaski...25 foot snow drifts in some areas and he didn't even get it that bad... they only had 92" of snow on saturday with 3-4 more feet expected. I would go this week, but there is a driving ban in effect, if they catch you out driving they will impound your car...

last one of work...

gpd005
02-13-2007, 06:03 AM
I hear ya Josh! I'm about an hour south of you and we're getting slammed! I came into work today in Anderson and the roads are just nasty! I'm not staying long! I'll be heading home soon i'm sure!

Pappy
02-13-2007, 06:05 AM
luckily, we only get a real blizzard every few years. i have been waiting for pics out of that area, the news isnt doing a good job showing us what you all are dealing with!

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
luckily, we only get a real blizzard every few years. i have been waiting for pics out of that area, the news isnt doing a good job showing us what you all are dealing with!

Im not dealing with anything... we only have between 8 inches and 16 inches in our area... that is all snow drifts from the wind... Hopefully by the end of this week I will get some real pics of the nasty stuff!!! I had a few cell phone pics, but they're not even worth posting, they dont do it justice...

Mexico NY was in the 140" area on saturday, and the worst has not hit yet.... what do you do with 15' of snow? You know how heavy that is!!

Out at my uncles there was a snow drift so big the town plow could not go through it, the snow then collapsed on the truck and got it stuck there.... they then had to bring in a humongous snow blower and go through it.. measure a hair over 25' deep, and this is after the snow had settled for a day

TGW_400ex
02-13-2007, 06:37 AM
I just don't understand why the highschool gets closed here but the campus right beside it doesn't even have a delay?

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I just don't understand why the highschool gets closed here but the campus right beside it doesn't even have a delay?

because its not high school anymore... it's college... When I went to Utica I dont remember a single snow day ever... they cancelled once and its because a water main broke and then collapsed the main entrance...:rolleyes:

700bRad
02-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I haven't left work yet but I think I am getting some snow:confused:

Im where it says Kokomo on that map, I attemped to drive to work this morning and it wasnt working out so I turned back. Now im snowed in at my house, huge drift across the driveway lol. Somebody come dig me out!

450Rchaser
02-13-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm from TN. I wouldnt mind some snow, but not that much. We r excited to get 2". Yipeeee!!!! I got a rhino and I would love to just plow it in to a snow back at about 20 mph.

troutman561
02-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Wow 15 feet of snow sounds way to exciting... ill keep my sunny, 80 degree february day for today... Damn this global warming...

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by troutman561
Wow 15 feet of snow sounds way to exciting... ill keep my sunny, 80 degree february day for today... Damn this global warming...

Everyone turns the blind eye to global warming and then very uneducated people think because we get all this snow, how could global warming be taking place?

This snow is CAUSED from global warming!!!!

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 09:02 AM
... and Im just catching what you guys already are getting... upwards of 2' by tomorrow morning...

I want to get up north and get some damn pics!!!

Pappy
02-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

someone better inform the world what winter is all about:huh

quadfamily
02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm not totally convinced either way about all this global warming myself. My point is when we had this really mild winter up until a couple of weeks ago everybody was saying global warming, global warming............ Then the cold snap hit us and the news kept saying record lows, record lows.... Don't the two extremes cancel each other out? :confused: Oh yeah back to my point, I'm not saying I don't think global warming isn't possible but it seems like whenever we have an unusual weather event global warming is blamed right away when really we have no proof that the higher then normal temps were directly caused by global warming or just a weather cycle. Just my observation.....:)

troutman561
02-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Everyone turns the blind eye to global warming and then very uneducated people think because we get all this snow, how could global warming be taking place?

#1 i was joking, an uneducated.. no I dont think so...

Global warming is a natural cycle which has always taken place, and yes I believe humans have played a part in speeding up the process a bit.. But is it as extreme as it is said to be, I dont think so... Are parts of florida really going to be 20ft under water by 2030, probably not.. But yea there is some warming, but eventually the earth will cool itself as it has done in the past...

TRX250X
02-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Cancelled all my appts. for the day. I'm sitting at home watching it snow and working in my office. The wife had to head to work, but luckily she's going to be able to leave early.

BTW: I'm happy, got the sled out in the barn, and it's just itching to get some miles on.

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Lake Eerie and Lake Ontario, last I knew were both still completely unfrozen, although Ontario might have gotten a little ice recently. The cold coming off of the other lakes hitting that warm water on Lake Eerie is what caused all of this snow that hit upstate NY. Do you think there is a reason we keep getting more and more snow up here.... This one is supposed to be a record breaker...

oh and btw I just talked to my uncle... they are supposed to get another 4 feet of snow in the next couple days.:ermm:

It hasn't even started snowing yet and they are already putting driving bans into effect in some areas.

Also has anyone seen the global warming movie with pataki? Its actually pretty informative and not really as dumb as I thought it looked.

Pappy
02-13-2007, 10:19 AM
normal annual snow fall for that area of NY is 22 feet, yall is at 12. call me when you hit 28:p

ilpadrino113
02-13-2007, 10:26 AM
we got a winter storm warning in northern NY calling for 8-12 inches by 7 tonight

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
normal annual snow fall for that area of NY is 22 feet, yall is at 12. call me when you hit 28:p

hahah, yeah but thats annual...all year!! Usually in that area they get a few feet, it melts to nothing, then they get a few more feet... melts to nothing... its a repeating cycle. This is all at once!!! I dont care who you are or where your from thats a lot of dang snow!!!:blah:

Pappy
02-13-2007, 10:38 AM
ive been watching reports on the news from that area and it seems to me the residence all say they are used to it:eek2:

follow the money, and you will find the truth behind global warming. gore couldnt win an election so he settled for being front man for this cause and is going after a Nobel prize.

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
ive been watching reports on the news from that area and it seems to me the residence all say they are used to it:eek2:

follow the money, and you will find the truth behind global warming. gore couldnt win an election so he settled for being front man for this cause and is going after a Nobel prize.

Oh I know that, and I certainly am not a huge believer in it, but the more I research it and read about it, it is an interesting topic, and I do think that someday it could be bad, but we should at least think about it for the future.

I dont know how well I would listen to some of the residents from up that way... did the ones you see have teeth? If so, the probably were fake residents!:D No they usually do get hammered with snow, but this was a freak year... dandelions in the lawn in december... now massive amounts of snow... Like I said before it usually just melts off quickly and then they get more. 5 Mile down the road from my uncle and they have hardly any snow at all... its the craziest thing Ive ever seen!!!

Pappy
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
i agree, if i had to deal with that much snow each year, id be half nutz too:blah:

i to believe there is a climate change happening, but i dont feel we caused it nor can we stop it! there was an ice age, with only animals and cavemen around. it warmed up. who caused it?

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
i agree, if i had to deal with that much snow each year, id be half nutz too:blah:

i to believe there is a climate change happening, but i dont feel we caused it nor can we stop it! there was an ice age, with only animals and cavemen around. it warmed up. who caused it?

This is true.... I remember when I was younger we learned in school that the gravity of the sun is actually pulling all of the planets in towards it.... that would make the most sense to me, but who knows... I guess someday we will all burst into flames as the planet just melts away from being to close to the sun! Ahh well at least I wont be around for it.

coolex
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
i was all happy about my 6-18 inches were getting but now i want the snow that new york got/has/getting

troutman561
02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
This is true.... I remember when I was younger we learned in school that the gravity of the sun is actually pulling all of the planets in towards it.... that would make the most sense to me, but who knows... I guess someday we will all burst into flames as the planet just melts away from being to close to the sun! Ahh well at least I wont be around for it.

I was told we are getting pushed away, as our own moon is getting pushed from us.. hmm research topic for someone who has time, google that biatch...

enduro400rider
02-13-2007, 09:19 PM
we just got slamed with a foot or more. i got called into work, and we spent most of the day pushing cars out of our parking lot, our plow driver didnt come and he wasnt there by the time we closed so we got buried in the whole days snow. i had to shovle paths so the some of the guys could push the shopping carts back into the store :rolleyes: i probably broke 3 or 4 shovels digging through that stuff, i just kept making trips to the hardware section for a new one :devil: its great when you dont have to pay for things. i thought the funniest part is watchin all these little rich ladies tring to push there carts out to there escalades ect. :rolleyes: they were pushing and pulling some even took a fall. when ever we saw one we would just stand around and pretend we didnt work there so we could have some fun watching them.

400EXTRA
02-14-2007, 05:43 AM
IM HAPPY I LIVE HERE IN SOUTHERN MICHIGAN AND THIS MORNING WE HAVE GOT AROUND A FOOT OR SO

firefighterjosh
02-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Well I had to skip work yesterday. I went played in the snow for a while came ho-me around 4pm yesterday to take a nap before work. Barley got home them cuz of the drifting.

Left for work around 7pm got quarter mile down the road and it was like hitting a brick wall. I couldnt see the hood of my truck and the drift was getting bigger. So 20 mins of Drive reverse driver reverse I am out. Decide hell the field looks good. Not a good idea got almost stuck but glad I got some meaty tires cuz I about got stuck. Then I go the other way down the road no good same thing.

But the snow plow came down almost got himself stuck lol. Now I am at work:( ...I have 3 pics on my digital camera until it died. I will get them up sometime next week