PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sick of it

elite ATV1
02-12-2007, 10:46 PM
i'm tired of ppl thinking the number of the devil is 666 it is not!!

The number is 999 and when you flip it upside down what do you get?..

sorry just had to vent.

400eXr1d3rZ
02-12-2007, 10:59 PM
The number of the "beast" is 616.

Kickstarts-suck
02-12-2007, 11:01 PM
What is the meaning of 666?

The meaning of 666 - the number often referred to as the Mark of the Beast - is a highly contested concept. The number 666 is found in Revelation 13:16-18: "He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

John MacArthur explains the meaning of 666 this way: "The number represents the essential number of a man. The number 6 falls one short of God's perfect number, 7, and thus points to human imperfection. Antichrist, the most powerful human the world will ever know, will still be a man - a 6. The ultimate in human and demonic power is a 6, not perfect, as God is."1

Read the book of Revelations to learn more

firefighterjosh
02-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I think somone just got owned.............:uhoh:

400eXr1d3rZ
02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
What is the meaning of 666?

The meaning of 666 - the number often referred to as the Mark of the Beast - is a highly contested concept. The number 666 is found in Revelation 13:16-18: "He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

John MacArthur explains the meaning of 666 this way: "The number represents the essential number of a man. The number 6 falls one short of God's perfect number, 7, and thus points to human imperfection. Antichrist, the most powerful human the world will ever know, will still be a man - a 6. The ultimate in human and demonic power is a 6, not perfect, as God is."1

Read the book of Revelations to learn more

I don't own a Bible :ermm:

The Number is 666 in modern texts, although 616 and 665 appear instead in at least one ancient source.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

firefighterjosh
02-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ

I think somone else just got owned.....but now I am confused. I read both and I do not know what is right.

I THINK YER ALL RIGHT:confused:

Kickstarts-suck
02-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

400eXr1d3rZ
02-12-2007, 11:24 PM
666, 616, 635, are all numbers of the "beast"

416exfreak
02-13-2007, 04:21 AM
I always thought "666" had something to do with the pagan religion, which involved worshiping the devine female?:confused:

IDK...

TGW_400ex
02-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Isn't 696 one too? Why can't they pick one number!

250xridamatt
02-13-2007, 06:58 AM
I dont believe the idea of a mistake being made while copying the bible, and the number being different. If the scribes back then made a single little mistake, they would burn the entire scroll and start over. Their work wasnt sloppy.

miller821
02-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Wikipedia isn't really the best source to be using any ways...

ilpadrino113
02-13-2007, 10:24 AM
666 is the number of the beast because people accept it as the number of the beast.

which is the name of the beast or the number of his name

It is also said that 666 is code for the emperor Nero, whose nickname in outlying lands of the Roman Empire was the beast.
Nero was a persecutor of christians and probably the most hated of all roman emperors, even by the citizens of rome.

It is argued that 666 refers to him because nero banished "John of Patmos" to the island of patmos.

666 refering to Nero is the accept view of the Roman Catholic Chirch

Ralph
02-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Who cares?

CRich[814]
02-13-2007, 12:05 PM
i know jack about church/god/religion. never gone once in my life. from what i understand there are like 666 legions in hell.

coolex
02-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by elite ATV1
i'm tired of ppl thinking the number of the devil is 666 it is not!!

The number is 999 and when you flip it upside down what do you get?..

sorry just had to vent.

ive never heard ne one say 999:ermm:

Pappy
02-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I have the devils number, and that aint his area code:ermm:

416exfreak
02-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Ive been to hell and back....seriously...there is a town in michagain named Hell....and ive been there...I bought a T-Shirt...lol:p

02-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Don't go be talkin' no religious talk in here....or da man will make you respect his authoritah....

Ax me how I know.

ilpadrino113
02-13-2007, 03:16 PM
from what i understand there are like 666 legions in hell.

According to Dante there are 12 layers of hell.

i've never heard of 666 layers

400eXr1d3rZ
02-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by garandman
Don't go be talkin' no religious talk in here....or da man will make you respect his authoritah....

Ax me how I know.

South Park?

CRich[814]
02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
According to Dante there are 12 layers of hell.

i've never heard of 666 layers

i didnt think layer, i thought it was like sections. i watch this show a few years ago where these dudes went ghost hunting and thats what he said.

Robin Hood
02-13-2007, 04:40 PM
The road I live on was originally Route 666, but they changed it to Mount Hope Avenue/Road. :D

rooster400ex
02-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
i didnt think layer, i thought it was like sections. i watch this show a few years ago where these dudes went ghost hunting and thats what he said.

actually, it's cirles/rings

pony
02-14-2007, 11:17 AM

Ax me how I know.

o k , i m axin ..............:devil:

02-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by pony
o k , i m axin ..............:devil:

Being a Christian myself, who strives daily to live by the Bible, I've been told that my pulpit is closed on this site.

02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Being a Christian myself, who strives daily to live by the Bible, I've been told that my pulpit is closed on this site.

...i am willing to bet that if you would just offer up info/oppinions, as opposed to shoving your religous beliefs down peoples throats, you wouldn't have been struck down by the exrider "staff" of damnation......:devil:

...on topic...i heard somewhere that it was the number 9...something along the lines of 6+6+6=18 and 1+8=9

02-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by dlerch
...i am willing to bet that if you would just offer up info/oppinions, as opposed to shoving your religous beliefs down peoples throats, you wouldn't have been struck down by the exrider "staff" of damnation......:devil:

How am I shoving anything down anyones throat?

How EXACTLY?

I sit behind a keyboard, as you do.

I have no gun to your head.

I don't even threaten to tell your mommy on you.

My vocabulary is only marginally better than yours. I turn a better phrase than you do, but that HARDLY qualifies as forcing anything on you.

This is the internet. Its not even possible to do anything other than offer an opinion.

Heck, if you think my words are forcing, all you gotta do is press your index finger down on your mouse to escape me. Hardly seems like threatening / forceful to me.

(I know the answer to the question I ask. I'm seeing if you do.)

troyleepred719
02-14-2007, 07:18 PM
here we go with this crap, garandmans, pushing his interests on others, its an open forum for christs sakes, if you dont like what he has to say, close your friggin eyes. lets not start this $hit, he does nothing but express his opinion, in which i for one, am open to hear. leave the guy alone, you bring up thins like this, you should want him to reply, he is very knowledgeable, instead, you go and start your crap, just shut you r mouths and ignore it, if its twisting your panties that badly.

fast_enough
02-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Maybe you guys shouldnt worry about this demonic bull**** and go have a little prayer in your life...

troyleepred719
02-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by fast_enough
Maybe you guys shouldnt worry about this demonic bull**** and go have a little prayer in your life...

this is true, maybe they need a little more than that, if all they can think about is satan...:devil:

skull2002
02-14-2007, 09:36 PM
my number is 333......wonder if that makes me only half a devil??????????????

02-15-2007, 05:13 AM
How am I shoving anything down anyones throat?

How EXACTLY?

I sit behind a keyboard, as you do.

I have no gun to your head.

I don't even threaten to tell your mommy on you.

My vocabulary is only marginally better than yours. I turn a better phrase than you do, but that HARDLY qualifies as forcing anything on you.

This is the internet. Its not even possible to do anything other than offer an opinion.

Heck, if you think my words are forcing, all you gotta do is press your index finger down on your mouse to escape me. Hardly seems like threatening / forceful to me.

(I know the answer to the question I ask. I'm seeing if you do.)

it's called a figure of speach...mr vocab...speaking of which i don't feel your's is better. just because you have a sense of insecurity and choose to use bigger/more obscure words to try and make yourself feel more intelligent than you are, doesn't mean you have a "marginally' better vocab. it just means you try to use words that will make you look more right in the eyes of an "untrained" audience...also delusions of grandeur do not count as "turning a better phrase" either... and as far as your "opinion" i believe it to be kind of humorous myself, and really don't care one way or the other...i was just explaining your so-called expulsion from the "pulpit" of which you spoke. and in which i sensed a feeling of undeservedness......and as far as "telling my mommy" she'd laugh at you and say "tell it to your congregation bible boy"....you know if you would leave the the "i'm a devine medium" thing at the door you probaly wouldn't have the aforementioned problem....JMO...take it or leave it.....:D

...and "troylee" i believe your busting my chops...in which i'll just respond by pointing out your own words..."pushing his interests on others"...'nuff said...:ermm:

02-15-2007, 05:19 AM
LOL ..... too funny.

Have fun.

:)