PDA

View Full Version : Water in oil

Punk'd
02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I just recently rebuilt my engine because of rod bearing failure. Shavings got everywhere including the oil cooler. Well the oil cooler was cleaned with water and I thought that I had gotten all of the water out, but I guess not? My oil is really milky and almost green like. What is the best way to get it back to normal?

I've changed the oil like 4-5 times already:confused:

firefighterjosh
02-13-2007, 03:50 AM
If its almost green that is prally coolant. Is the head warped? You use the correct tourqe settings on the head?

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Keep changing it... make sure you warm it up to operation temps before you go ahead and drain it..

04'400ex'er
02-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Drain your oil and cooler and fill them both up with diesel. switch the motor off and crank it over a few times. then drain the diesel. continue this step 3 or 4 times and it will flush most of the water out of the motor. I would take off the oil cooler and rinse it out with diesel too. fill the motor up with oil and run it for a little while. then proceed to change it again. you should have a clean motor by this step.

DirtDevilBT
02-13-2007, 05:29 PM
DAMN lol

there anything cheaper than diesel he could use lol, stuff is like 30 cents more than 91

madskrillz2
02-13-2007, 09:12 PM
if you have already changed it 5 times and its still milky its probably the water pump impellar or the water jackets. for me, it was a small hairline crack in one water jacket on my old z400 when i had the motor biult.

Punk'd
02-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
if you have already changed it 5 times and its still milky its probably the water pump impellar or the water jackets. for me, it was a small hairline crack in one water jacket on my old z400 when i had the motor biult.

Its deff water, there was alot that drained out before I put on the oil cooler. I should have blowed it out with air or something. I dont know Im thinking about taking off the oil cooler and blowing it out with air anyway.

Its not coolant because I dont smell, see it smoking or notice that any is missing.

Plus everything on the engine is new.