PDA

View Full Version : YFZ Vs Hill

KB Motorsports
02-12-2007, 09:43 PM
http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/sandpits

http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/sandpits3

This is the type of riding I like doing! I like hitting the track too, but I have no good pictures... (All Blurry)

Anyone else climb hills ? Or have any sweet action shots?

HB416EX
02-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Nice pics I like climbing too.Looks like alot of fun.

gojk
02-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I have one or two like that.

z400rida44
02-12-2007, 09:53 PM
dang man thats awesome. looks like a good place to ride, wheres it at?

z400rida44
02-12-2007, 09:53 PM
dang man thats awesome. looks like a good place to ride, wheres it at?

HB416EX
02-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by gojk

Is that in AZ.My parents live in Buckeye I go riding when I visit.I am looking for new riding places out there.

KB Motorsports
02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by gojk

We need to get together! Most of the time when we climb stuff no one is around with a camera.. If I knew I was going to get my picture taken I would have wore my gear.. haha

anyhow climbing hills like me and gojk posted are the easy ones.. All you do is point and shoot, and by all means stay committed! I can't stress that enough!!

Seriously this summer we really need to hit some hills together!

450Rchaser
02-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Thats pimp. I love a good hill climb.

700bRad
02-13-2007, 07:41 AM
Glad to see im not the only extreme hill shooter on this forum. This is what me and my buddies do, we ride around scoping out the hills untill we find the biggest, baddest, steepest, most dangerous motha in the woods. Climbing hills is a serious art, you have to combine perfect body posture with the right amount of throttle and clutch. When that front end comes up slip the clutch real fast then munch the throttle. And like you said KB if your not totally 110% commited to the hill then your going to have problems, especially on dirt and in the woods. I only have a couple action shots because most of them are blurry. We own the hilliest terrain in Cass and surrounding counties, but I know Kentucky has some wicked hills/mountains. These were takin on my land.

Me shooting Castle Hill pretty much looking straight down on me, started losing momentum halfway up so I had to zag out of the ruts.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/YFZbrad/Picture001.jpg

Nates bike after rolling all the way down Castle Hill. This thing chased him all the way down and pretty much spiked him into the ground at the bottom. Thats freaky ***** when a 400 pound quad is flipping uncontrollably after you lol. His front end came up and had to bail It didnt look to bad but after closer inspection, bent frame, tie rods, headlights, and axle.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/YFZbrad/Picture057.jpg

Ill take some more pictures after I get a better camera lol, the quality is terrible I know :ermm:

underpowered
02-13-2007, 07:57 AM
yupp here in KY we have some pretty good hills. Hillshooting is one of my favorite things to do, don't have any pics but where i ride at there are always hills to climb. ain't nothin like a good hill

gojk
02-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by HB416EX
Is that in AZ.My parents live in Buckeye I go riding when I visit.I am looking for new riding places out there.

Yup, this is in AZ. It is just outside of Safford, AZ.

CRich[814]
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
yeah. me riding when i was 12 haha. this hill was like sand. i thought i was cool. and i still do. that hill with the yfz is sick and i've seen it before lol. idk where. mostlikely here somewhere.

CRich[814]
02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
different hill. 250ex badass.

02-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Dudes....that's insaniac.

:eek2:

:D

mitch91
02-13-2007, 01:45 PM
This one im charging up to a big lip, then its a straight up dirt wll for 15 feet, then into a feild, Hes comeing up the hill at it.

mitch91
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
hes my landing. ahaha didnt flip., 1st time hitin it so it wasent so smooth.

mitch91
02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Heres some of us doing a criss cross. Im on the red 400, kyles on the ellow 400 n marks onthe ltr450

KB Motorsports
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
yeah. me riding when i was 12 haha. this hill was like sand. i thought i was cool. and i still do. that hill with the yfz is sick and i've seen it before lol. idk where. mostlikely here somewhere.

haha I remember those days!! Its unreal what you can do in the sand.. You really have to goof up to flip backwards. Sand is the best place to practice. However, in KY we are very limited when it comes to sand! haha
Most of my problems are going down the hills that I go up... I hate doing that :ermm:

Anyone been to the Badlands ? I heard they had some ok hills to climb, but not really worth the 5 hour trip.. (ky)

700bRad
02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Yea ive been to Attica badlands many of times its only a 2 hour drive from my house. They have alot of hills there and only 1 of them is a real challenge. There is one hill, the tallest steepest one there that has a giant caution sign at the top because its a steep gnarly climb. Sometimes they rope it off because lots of people mess themselves up on it or it get to rutted out. When I did it, it was rutted to hell and the 20 ft lip at the top was straight up and down. Theres a huge drop off on the other side to so you gotta let off or you will sky it out into the canopy since its way above the trees. And the worst part of all is its dirt and you cant dig yourself in untill you get help like you can with sand. I sat and stared at it for a good 20 minutes before I made up my mind. I tried it first with 2nd gear on the 700r and almost didnt make it. Then the other times I tried it in 3rd and kept my tire speed way up, you have to slip the clutch at the top because your right on the balance point at the top. Its definetely a 3rd or 4th gear hill. My buddy bought a brand new Raptor 700r SE and totalled it on this bad boy, and another buddy broke his arm trying it on his z400. BUT then I got ANOTHER buddy that can climb it on his 300ex lol topped out when he hits the base and barely makes it. Ill try and get some pictures.