PDA

View Full Version : HRC kit worth the money?

ONEFASTR
02-12-2007, 09:30 PM
just wondering if the hrc kit is worth the money? if anyone has this installed how do you like it? just got an o7 450er and want to make sure that this is a good kit, or if i should do a hotcam and a pipe.

bigz-71
02-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I think it is defiately worth the money. it is only 300 bucks and you get a cam for that money and jets. It will make the bike rock. If you do not get the hrc kit, get a hot cam, some jets, and a filter and you will be set too. Oh yea remove that air box lid and it will work great too once you rejet it.

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by bigz-71
I think it is defiately worth the money. it is only 300 bucks and you get a cam for that money and jets. It will make the bike rock. If you do not get the hrc kit, get a hot cam, some jets, and a filter and you will be set too. Oh yea remove that air box lid and it will work great too once you rejet it.

It's $350 for the 06+ bikes, but it comes with the HRC headpipe too.

ONEFASTR
02-13-2007, 06:16 AM
im wondering if the cam in the hrc kit is equil to a stage one hot cam. is the cam just a crf cam?

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by ONEFASTR
im wondering if the cam in the hrc kit is equil to a stage one hot cam. is the cam just a crf cam?

No it is not, and the HRC cams are closer to the stg 2 hotcams, well at least the 04/05 ones are... they are all different. I know for the 04/05 motors...

HRC cam and stg 2 hotcam are similar but HRC is more aggressive
02 CRF is very similar to hotcam stg 1

the 06/07 are different I believe.

Flodies400ex
02-13-2007, 12:28 PM
it is a good buy for the power and I have it for my bike 2006 450ER and it give all around power and also ride dunes

TCracin440ex
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
i got the hrc kit on mine it was very well worth the money because it rejetted the bike, gave it 1000 more rpm, new headpipe, cam, and new exhaust end piece...and the postitive side is the hrc headpipe is about the same OD is any aftermarket headpipe so all u will need to buy for an exhaust is a slip on, i know i just bought a slip on for mine im actually awaiting arrival on it now...and with the hrc headpipe and the slip on it should equal out to a full system..

RedDesert450R
02-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Definitely worth the money. Plus because it's all honda you don't void your warranty on the bike!!

pro-rider46
02-13-2007, 04:42 PM
i have been interested in buying a kit for mine and im just curious if the CDI sub harness does anything

450rJam
02-13-2007, 05:00 PM
sub harness adds aprox. 1000 rpms to the limiter, very helpfull because that thing is going to rap so fast with the kit that you would instantly be bouncing off the stock limiter.

hrc kit on my 06 was by far best money I have spent on it.

performance wise I have added a rossier exhaust but it was
more for sound than performance (it did help in both areas)

313racing
02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
An HRC kit should be one of your top parts to get first. It's like night and day to me and i would never go back. For $350 you really can't go wrong. I suggest that you invest in one of the best parts for your R and buy a HRC kit.

Thanks,
MDRracing
Cody

ONEFASTR
02-14-2007, 11:01 AM
thanks for all the info, ill be picking one up this week. when i get the kit is there anything else i will need like gaskets, cam shims, ect. also where are the power gains at top end, i do not race in any way just play on poker runs and at local orv areas and dont want to loose bottom end torq?

IMSROLL450R
02-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I couldnt be happier with the HRC kit in mine it really woke the bike up. I don't have as many problems at lower rpms like I did when it was stock. It was easy to kill stock but the cam, headpipe, jets gave it the torque that it needed. I hope the Rossier I'm gettin even adds to the fun. I would buy the HRC again if I had another bike.

hendershot106
02-15-2007, 08:34 AM
dont forget to tAke the airbox lid completely off ,, or cut a huge hole in the top of it or your bike will not run after you shift into third gear -- it will fall on its face for lack of oxygen with the hrc kit--!!

BlaineKaiser450
02-15-2007, 04:30 PM
yes it is! It gives it so much torque

ieatglue
02-15-2007, 05:17 PM
on my 06 i got the hrc exhaust, stage 2 hotcam, jets and adustable needle, no airbox lid, and green wire mod. all of this for less then $200

imo, i wouldn't waste that much on the hrc kit.

and the warranty is voided if the hrc kit is installed, at least thats what i was told by 2 different dealers

IMSROLL450R
02-15-2007, 06:08 PM
It absolutely does not void the warranty it is issued by Honda and if installed by an authorized Honda dealer is well within the rules of your warranty. Thats the reason that Honda offers the kit simply to keep people buying the warranty and buying the HRC kit.

tazman
02-15-2007, 07:23 PM
I received mine yesterday and 5 hours later my 06 was screamin' down the road. HOLY SH** this thing is really fast compared to how it was stock. I only paid $280 shipped for the full kit. You can find good deals if you look around the bulletin boards.

Flodies400ex
02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
it goes alot faster and you can keep up to the 06-07 yfzs or even beat them and it just matters who shifts faster... but then scream hrc kit

ieatglue
02-17-2007, 08:42 AM
i talked to the honda dealer yesterday and they said the hrc kit installed WILL void the warranty. they said the hrc kit is for closed course competion only which means racing, therefore it means you will be racing with it installed. some dealers may still warranty the engine, but they are not supposed to.

GIXXER1KR
02-17-2007, 07:02 PM
That bull****!!!If u brought it to the dealer unless they installed it they probably wouldnt even know the kit was there.If your starter blows apart u telling me there gonna say it was the HRC kit.Find a new dealer:devil: The only thing ill be using my warranty on is the junk starter.Other than that its a well built bike!!!!:)

HAVOK
02-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I have had my HRC cam replaced under warrenty. Find a new dealer to deal with.

ONEFASTR
02-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by sponge_bob
i talked to the honda dealer yesterday and they said the hrc kit installed WILL void the warranty. they said the hrc kit is for closed course competion only which means racing, therefore it means you will be racing with it installed. some dealers may still warranty the engine, but they are not supposed to.

i know this much when i picked it up from the dealer a week ago new he said that if thay installed the kit that it will not void the warranty. i will install it myself anyway but thats what i was told. im not concerned about that because as with most people on here if some thing goes im putting better parts back on to fix it for the whole 6mo that its under warranty.
may just depend on who u talk to.