PDA

View Full Version : 04 carb upgrade

450'sRFun
02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
This has probably been talked about a million times and I done a search and couldn't find what I was looking for, so here goes. I was thinking of upgrading to a FCR carb. What are the differences in mounting and what are the advantages performance wise. I only ride for fun, so no racing done! Just bought the quad in Dec. Only mod as far as I know of are a FMF Factory 4 slip-on. Thanks for the help!

cals400ex
02-12-2007, 09:07 PM
you gain throttle response. for a recreational rider, i would not do it.

bigz-71
02-12-2007, 09:51 PM
i ride for fun and i did it, it was one of my best purchases that i have bought for my bike. i love the throttle response it gave me. it is some much snappier than the stock carb. it is pricey but it is one of the best things you can do as in performance to the bike if your looking for performance.

Punk'd
02-12-2007, 10:47 PM
How hard is this to do? Does it mount right up or do changes have to be made?

Also where can you buy one for a decent price?

DirtDevilBT
02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Hot Start mod
Airbox bell mod
TSP mod

For the money, a piston and cam would give you a HUGE amount of everything over the best tuned carb out there. Even if you find one cheap, say 300 bucks, that's still only 40 bucks or so cheaper than a piston and cam.

You wont gain anything from an FCR, just throttle response because it's a more efficent carb. You don't have enough mods to think about an FCR yet lol. IMO