PDA

View Full Version : How are burgard A-arms?

10-22-2001, 05:11 PM
I am looking at some burgard a-arms. They seem like very good a-arms but im not sure. What do you guys think. And anybody who has them how do you like them. Also are they available in +2+1 or just +2

Foxrage
10-22-2001, 06:25 PM
they dont look as strong as stock they are not well supported i think. They are going for 300 on ebay.

400exRacerX
10-22-2001, 06:27 PM
Before making a new thread look around for a thread that might already answer your question, like this question..... refer to the "Burgard a arms?" thread in this forum, http://forums.exriders.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2081

trx400ex
10-25-2001, 05:57 PM
alright 400ex racer x every one i know around here has burgard plus 2s...they never gave any problems......2 sets are on a 440ex race quad and a 330r race quad....very fast

nacs, they are alot stronger than stock the reason why you think there not is prolly because there is only one bar crosswise, but cut that in half and the cut the stocker in half and youll see the truth

2 2 guys with the 440 and 330 race hard and win , there is no shortage of money there either, they get what they know is best...the one also has a 400, 265powervalve, and working on custom building another one......i have them, they work

400exRacerX
10-25-2001, 07:07 PM
yo man calm down, i just stated what i witnessed, i seen a pair break at the balljoints from first point view. and my buddy did go through two pairs of them, maybe he just rides harder then all your buddies with the biggest and baddest quads that hit the earth.

JabberJaw
10-25-2001, 09:07 PM
I've been thinking about getting a bug gaurd for my honda too!

thorspapa
10-25-2001, 10:26 PM
The Burgards are well made, and they're chrome-moly (ever try cutting that stuff?) . The reason many riders will break a-arms are many:
1) hit something...hard (man, it broke, what a piece of s#$t!)
2) poor suspension (stock or worn aftermarket) will make the hits much harder
3) Defect in manufacturing (it happens to the best, fact of life)
4) poor maintenance, something comes loose, falls off (the guy usually never admits to this either, it's the product's fault, it was junk)
5) last but not least: the product IS junk;)
Here's one of our bikes with them on.

trx400ex
10-26-2001, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 400exRacerX
yo man calm down, i just stated what i witnessed, i seen a pair break at the balljoints from first point view. and my buddy did go through two pairs of them, maybe he just rides harder then all your buddies with the biggest and baddest quads that hit the earth.

i wasnt mad at all:) , and i doubt your friend rides harder than these people do, we never really ride with them, except to go around there track a couple times, and i wouldnt make fun of there quads untill you seen em

400exRacerX
10-26-2001, 08:12 PM
I wasn't making fun of them i just thought that you claiming that you know all these guys with these highly modded quads made you feel special and big, not doubting that you do no them. And if you really want to make it seem like your friends are the best riders come up to PA at jackfrost and you could race me and my buddy and then we will see what happens:) All I was doing is stated what I witnessed and you have a problem with it....why is this such a problem to you about burgard a arms breaking?

trx400ex
10-27-2001, 11:55 AM
i dont think i want to go all the way to pa to race a couple guys on 400s:)