PDA

View Full Version : new perch

skeeter185
02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
put new perch and lever cant get the pull right jacked the rear end up put in 1st gear and pull lever in and the wheels stiil turn when i stop the tire and try to spin it by hand it has pressure against it shoudnt the tires spin freely with the lever pulled all the way and come to a stop:confused:

hondaracer57
02-12-2007, 07:55 PM
what kinda lever is it ? u might not be geting enough pull on the cable with it and is ur cable new or old?

SandNut777
02-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Hey

Try to disengage the clutch Lever with a pair of chanlelocks you about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch should free the wheels. If they dont break free you have a problem. You might need the check the clutch plates make sure they are not burnt or warped ,and in that case you will need to change the oil Use a good four stroke engine oil . TRY AJUSTING IT FIRST THEN LOOK INTO THE OTHER THINGS.GOOD LUCK

skeeter185
02-12-2007, 08:44 PM
my lever is moose perch is too and the cable is the original 1 its a 99 but i didnt notice this before the switch out

hondaracer57
02-12-2007, 08:51 PM
it will proabaly work if u buy a new cable but u wont have much adjustment.it seems like the aftermarket clutch perches dont give as much pull on the cable as the stock clutch perch..but im pretty sure a new cable would help there like 14 buck at ur local honda dealer...

firefighterjosh
02-13-2007, 03:31 AM
As long as the quad dosen't move when its planted on the ground you are ok.

My dad cdale and my banshee both did that. Put it into first and pull in the clutch with it jacked up the tires spun pretty fast. but it wouldn't move when on the ground.

Just make sure your cable has about /-------/ <that much slack. atleast that is what I use and have had no problems. dosen't take much just enough the clutch isn't disengaged when the leve is out.