PDA

View Full Version : Broken fender...

csr250r
02-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey today i was pushing my quad into shop and i slipped on ice and left rear fender snapped off in the cold weather.

i think that if i stitch it with zipties it will sag and not look to nice, anyone know a good way to fix it?:confused:

ZSK
02-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Buy my fenders:D

I haven't really seen a good looking plastic repair yet. Try zip ties and possibly make a support for the end.

csr250r
02-14-2007, 07:28 PM
K someone told me that you can take a soldering iron and melt them together...i also herd that there is some plastic stuff that you put on the plastic and mix it till it hardens

if neone have done this stuff or have expirience with a good way to fix plastic plz share thx.

CorvetteZ06
02-15-2007, 04:43 PM
you can use that stuff and it works, but it will look horrible cosmetically. I also don't know how long it would hold up.

Scott-300ex
02-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeh man, you could plastic weld it but it won't look like the clean finish and pretty much no matter wut you use you will see where the crack was.

You could have Criss Angel come over, and throw a blanket over it, pull it off and he will magically have it fixed better than new. LoL.

Criss is cool.

csr250r
02-15-2007, 06:23 PM
lol chiss angel is awsome

at this point i just want that fender back on, i was thinking of applying it to the bottom of the fender not the top. Can you get this stuff at walmart or do you need to special order it?

Creech52
02-16-2007, 12:51 PM
you have some options, first you could simply take a strip of sheet metal and hold everything together, drill some holes and either zip tie stitch it or rivet it all together. Or you could take some fiberglass mat, and some resin and fix it from underneath, just sand it down and make it look decent. Also you can fall on the other fender and snap it off and make it match, then you got some cool duner style fenders....

wishmasstir
02-16-2007, 01:20 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=260793
you can see pics of one that i fixed before, the front part was completely broken off and it was just as strong after i fixed it as before it broke

i used zip ties the whole way up crack with the "zip" part on the inside/bottom of the fenders. then i covered up the crack with plastic weld (not sure the brand but it was 2 tubes that you mix together) and painted the entire fenders, i used krylon paint and it worked pretty good unless you rode into some trees.