PDA

View Full Version : credit checks

Warnerade
02-12-2007, 06:44 PM
anyone know a good free credit check online that wont make me sign up for anything stupid?

CRich[814]
02-12-2007, 06:48 PM
no idear. go to a car dealership and act like your interested in a car and have them run it.

JOEX
02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
You're entitled to a free credit report annually from at least the top three reporting agencies.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=credit+report

You may have to pay for the actual 'credit score' but from what I understand how that score is tallied varies depending on who's calculating it and what it's being calculated for.

YZ400EX
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
www.annualcreditreport.com

bradley300
02-13-2007, 07:14 AM
yz400ex, have you used that site, or jut find the link?

Warnerade
02-13-2007, 07:43 AM
the site works, it gives you a report but does not give you a score...anyone know where to find the score at?

red2004 TRX450R
02-13-2007, 08:09 AM
http://www.freecreditreport.com/

you have to give them a credit card # so they can try to sell you stuff and to get credit monering.
just dont get any thing but the free report , it has your score in it.
You have to call them with in 30 and cancel or they will charge you every month. I call them the same day I get the report and i do it every year.

www.annualcreditreport.com is good to it has more info but no free score.

rtm1216
02-13-2007, 08:54 AM
www.myfico.com

It's not free, but it will give you your actual score that a lender will see. Any other score from any other site is useless as it is a FACO score and not an accurate representation of your profile.

When I pulled my FACO score it was about 80 pts off from my actual FICO score from all three credit reporting agencies.

If you want to learn more about your credit and how to make it work for you, improve it, repair it or just understand it I would suggest this site Credit Boards (http://www.creditboards.com/mambo/) . The forums there are fantastic.

bwamos
02-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
www.annualcreditreport.com

This is the best place to go. Free check 2x a year. Good for making sure someones not ID Thefting you.

If you want a full score, you have to purchase a report from the credit agencys or through someone else that purchases it from them.

There's no such thing as a free credit score, because the agencys charge. So if someone offering it to you (like freecreditreport.com) they are signing you up for some service you dont want.

NorCalRacer
02-13-2007, 09:48 AM
It's better to know your score and what you qualify for than letting each bank run your credit. Every time a lender runs your credit your credit score goes down. If you are out "shopping" you can get your credit score before you apply for a loan and that will help your overall credit score. If you go to ten different banks in a day and they all run you your credit will go down in the course of one day. At least if you know what you have, you won't apply for things you don't qualify for.

bwamos
02-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Last year they kinda fixed that issue. Any credit checks run in a 48 hour period, wether it be 1 or 100, count as one check against your score.

Glad they fixed that.

Ralph
02-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Hey shawn, im pretty sure ur not even gonna have a score? What have you done at 18 years old to build credit?

PismoLocal
02-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I work at a Mortgage brokerage and I can run credit checks. All I need is you SSN and some form of consent. But as Stated earlier credit reports aren't free. Here we pay around $45 per credit report.

Warnerade
02-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Hey shawn, im pretty sure ur not even gonna have a score? What have you done at 18 years old to build credit? I live an expensive life

KB Motorsports
02-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Go to a car dealership and have them run your credit. They will tell you. You will have three scores and they will tell you your middle score.. ( I think) Its been a while..

The more credit checks you get the worse your credit report/score is from what i've been told.

rtm1216
02-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by KB Motorsports
Go to a car dealership and have them run your credit. They will tell you. You will have three scores and they will tell you your middle score.. ( I think) Its been a while..

The more credit checks you get the worse your credit report/score is from what i've been told.

Don't do this unless you are going to purchase a vehicle. They will do a 'hard pull' which will actually lower your score. If you really need to know your scores pay for it at www.myfico.com. It is the only one that is accurate. Any other report, even directly from the credit reporting agencies, is not worth the money.

KB Motorsports
02-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by rtm1216
Don't do this unless you are going to purchase a vehicle. They will do a 'hard pull' which will actually lower your score. If you really need to know your scores pay for it at www.myfico.com. It is the only one that is accurate. Any other report, even directly from the credit reporting agencies, is not worth the money.

wow, my local dealership said it wouldn't hurt. Sorry for providing bad information!