PDA

View Full Version : building practice track in spring any suggestions?

ZSNOW
02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
ok im building a practice track in a month or two....any suugestions on equipment or anything that would make it easyer?
or even some ideas on jumps?

CRich[814]
02-12-2007, 06:37 PM
maybe use old plumbing tubes (like huge huge huge ones) so you can use less dirt.

Ripitupfilms
02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
use logs cars anything u dont wanna see again

TWISTED
02-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Find an operator that's good and rides also... This makes a HUGE difference, trust me..... And I wouldn't advise the logs, cars, etc. If you ever go to change the track, you have that mess to contend with...

NPelletier
02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Good suggestion: BUILD IT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD:D

edit: lol, just relized u lived in nh, me2, so u can seriously build it in my neighjborhood:eek: :D

1fst400
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
how big of a track are you building? Im willing to lend a hand if I can ride there.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Do u have any equipment to build ur jumps with? Where are u getting the dirt?

firefighterjosh
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Make it rough! So when you get to the track its like riding on pavement:)

hondaracer31
02-13-2007, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Find an operator that's good and rides also... This makes a HUGE difference, trust me..... And I wouldn't advise the logs, cars, etc. If you ever go to change the track, you have that mess to contend with...
He's right.

ST87
02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
what i did with my track was start with an empty pasture bushogged and then i took a disc and disc the entire layout of the track. then i took a box blade and scraped where i had disced. about three times over. then took the front end loader and piled all the dirt i had scraped. then disc the the parts of the track that where unlevel and left the flat parts of the track alone to help with water drainage then re scraped what i had disc and i had one steep hill that i kept discing and scraping just to get dirt. this gave me 4 piles of dirt that i would say were about 4-3 truck loads a peice. then just used the from end loader to make jumps. i have pics of before the jumps came i dont have any pics of the track after the jumps were there.

ZSNOW
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
ok the track is 2/3's of a mile long...its all cleared already.they where logging roads that i cleared out...now they are not like normal logging roads they're about 10 feet wide all dry(i put colvits in) i have a start on it too...with OLD sets of gates...but its behind my house.but ya im only 15 so ic an't just invite peoiple over with out my parents permission