PDA

View Full Version : sweet trail tech lights

csimp3
02-12-2007, 05:28 PM
anyone have these on their quads yet? im gonna be ordering a set in a few weeks, my bumper kinda blocks my headlight and i like the looks of a hood or beak better than the stock light, here check em out

http://www.trailtech.net/551-SS450.html

rob-u/21
02-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Trail Tech makes some really nice light kits. I used their MR-16 for the 2005 Baja 1000 along with one of their Eclipse 8" race lights. I could really notice the difference when switching from the MR16s' to the 8" race light. But the MR16s' would have been enough to get us through if our 8" light would have failed. For the 2006 Baja 1000 we used 2 Eclipse 8" lights and that was a lot more than we needed. In my opinion I would go straight to HID lights instead of halogen. There is nothing wrong with halogen it's just that HID is so much better.

Tastykake Kid
02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm on Trail Tech's web site trying to figure out if I want the Halogens or the HID's. I'm figuring the HID's are better but they're very pricey. Plus, the MR11's (LTR450 Stock Location Kit) is $232.99 and the MR16's are $329.95. Rob-U/21 pretty much sold me on the HID's. Are the MR16's THAT much brighter?. Also, is there ANY place that has better pricing than that? It comes to $337.18 shipped. Part # is 351-SS450 per Trail Tech's web site.
FYI - My LTR's street legal and I had to remove my OE headlight for the swaybar. I'm going to be doing some more street riding in preperation for the Stateline Supermoto Challenge and I know I'll get pulled over without a headlight of some sort.
Will these HID's blind oncoming cars? If so I just may have to go with the Halogens. :confused:

philys21
02-28-2007, 08:34 AM
I have the MR16 and they are worth every penny! I am very happy with them.

philys21
02-28-2007, 08:39 AM
I have the MR16 and they are worth every penny! I am very happy with them.

bwamos
02-28-2007, 08:44 AM
I have the origional halogens. Been running them for several years. Great lights and very bright. But, YES the HID's are a LOT brighter.

rob-u/21
02-28-2007, 09:01 AM
I've never compared the MR-16's to the MR-11's but YES, I am sure the MR-16 will be much better than the MR-11's and No, I dont think the HID will blind oncoming trafic. A lot of the newer cars now come with HID's as their headlights. It will just look like a white light instead of yelloish. Pricewise, I would do a search on ebay. There is always someone selling trailtech lights in there.

bradley300
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Tastykake Kid
I'm on Trail Tech's web site trying to figure out if I want the Halogens or the HID's. I'm figuring the HID's are better but they're very pricey. Plus, the MR11's (LTR450 Stock Location Kit) is $232.99 and the MR16's are $329.95. Rob-U/21 pretty much sold me on the HID's. Are the MR16's THAT much brighter?. Also, is there ANY place that has better pricing than that? It comes to $337.18 shipped. Part # is 351-SS450 per Trail Tech's web site.
FYI - My LTR's street legal and I had to remove my OE headlight for the swaybar. I'm going to be doing some more street riding in preperation for the Stateline Supermoto Challenge and I know I'll get pulled over without a headlight of some sort.
Will these HID's blind oncoming cars? If so I just may have to go with the Halogens. :confused:

does a LT-R havea hi/lo beam switch? i would thinkif it does that it would be enuff to tone them down for on coming cars

kennerz
03-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I have the SCMR 16 HID's , I would say these are a minimum for night riding. can't even compare it to the stock light. To me the small HID's are adequate for all types of night riding, spend the money just as a safety precausion.

They are not as bright as an 8" HID though, but 8" HIDs are big money - check out bajadesigns for those.

I have no regrets from buying the scmr 16's , do yourself a favor and get HIDs they make night riding so much better/safer/ more enjoyable.

I've been out in the wilderness alone with the only lights I had was the scmr16's, believe me you can't have too much light in these types of situations. for duning they work well also.

If you want to make your own custom stuff check out ACRO lights

kennerz
03-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I have the SCMR 16 HID's , I would say these are a minimum for night riding. can't even compare it to the stock light. To me the small HID's are adequate for all types of night riding, spend the money just as a safety precausion.

They are not as bright as an 8" HID though, but 8" HIDs are big money - check out bajadesigns for those.

I have no regrets from buying the scmr 16's , do yourself a favor and get HIDs they make night riding so much better/safer/ more enjoyable.

I've been out in the wilderness alone with the only lights I had was the scmr16's, believe me you can't have too much light in these types of situations. for duning they work well also.

kennerz
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM

kennerz
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM