PDA

View Full Version : yfz450 what to do

quadingdude23
02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
ok so a few weeks ago the chain came off and hit the shifter fork and cracked the case. the dealer said they can only sell the whole bottem end and not just the left case cover. the problem with that is that means i would have to have someone do all the work b/c i dont want to work with the gears. now should i just buy the left side case from somewhere and do it myself or the whole bottom end from ebay or somewhere.what else could i do i need help.

RRP
02-12-2007, 05:07 PM
They will only sell them in pairs because they are machined matched sets.I would try just to get the side you need.Keeping in mind that the bearing races might not line up perfectly and you could experience bearing wear.Buying a bottom end(from e-bay) is risky,you might wind up with someone else's junk and have to tear into the gears anyways.Lastly you could possibly have it welded.

quadingdude23
02-12-2007, 05:30 PM
have to pics 1 is of where its broke the other is the 2 pieces that broke off...

quadingdude23
02-12-2007, 05:32 PM
pic 2

quadingdude23
02-12-2007, 08:44 PM
ok so as you can see i deffinetly need to replace the shifter fork.now as for the case im thinking maybe i can just take off the topend and take the case off.but with this do i need a flywheel puller? and what other specialty tools do i need?