PDA

View Full Version : Building a foam pit and ramp

Hondaracing819
02-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Im thinking about building a foam pit and ramp so i can backflip my bike into it and do crazy stuff...
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of ramp i should build like size wise and if you have any plans that would be great.
As for the foam pit i decided that im gonna build a frame out of PVC and get like construction netting(the orange stuff) to go around the outside. I figured this would be the cheapest and easiest way to go
For the foam Im thinking about going to the local funiture store and asking them for cut offs. Hopefully they will give me the foam for free.

So basically if you have anyideas for me or plans please LMK

O yeah the foam pit is gonna be like 15'x20'....

416exfreak
02-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Thats a ****ing sweet idea...

CRich[814]
02-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Thats a ****ing sweet idea...

if you want to die lol. you can buy used 38 degree qfmx ramps off people like guetters and stuff.

z400rida44
02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
i say go for it. and post pics!!

416exfreak
02-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
if you want to die lol. you can buy used 38 degree qfmx ramps off people like guetters and stuff.

Notice he said BIKE....im assuming BMX bike...in my case it would be used for a BMX bike....i wouldnt jump my 440 into a foam pit...i wouldnt have a way of gettng it back out...lol:p

rollie
02-12-2007, 04:37 PM
PVC isnt very strong and will flex alot, and i would use flame retardent foam so it doesnt catch fire, other than that sounds cool

dunnonuttin
02-12-2007, 04:41 PM
we built a foam pit for bicycles a while back. we had around 100-200 trashbags full of leaves and pilled them on top of each of each other. then we jumped into them and all. it was fun till the bags ripped and the leaves fell out so we would go straight to the bottom. but yea quads and dirtbikes are a different story

Hondaracing819
02-12-2007, 04:47 PM
yeah its for a bmx bike...
I really want to just do some crazy stuff lol
I think a qfmx ramp is gonna be a bit big
I also do think i will try to jump my z into it
No way to get it out....

dunnonuttin
02-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Hondaracing819
No way to get it out.... yea if you want it for a bmx bike then yea you could do what i did but be ready to buy lots of trash bags but your idea sounds better:cool:

rollie
02-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Hondaracing819
No way to get it out....

oh i thought u meant bike as in quad, for a bike, forget what i said and stick to your plan, lol

csimp3
02-12-2007, 05:52 PM
sounds cool, i think that orange netting is called snow fence, at least that what i always hear it being called, also, i have made some rails for skateboarding out of pvc, and if a peice was too weak, i would fill it with quick-crete, its like a just add water concrete, it makes it heavier, but alot stronger if you have a few weak spots, good luck

WhiteYFZ
02-12-2007, 06:16 PM
your talking about a bycicle? did u ever ride T.I.C? its in lakewood NJ they got a foam pit..

i couldnt get a good pic of the ramp that goes into the pit.. its a quater type ramp. u should take a ride there its a good place..

big park.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/tjespo22/PARK.jpg

old pic of the pit
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/tjespo22/foammethod2_nick.jpg

Hondaracing819
02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
i dont really ride BMX im pretty much just crazy and will just about try anything so i figure throwing some stuff in a foam pit(backflip) will just hopefully give me some good adrenaline and that way i wont kill myself trying it on dirt....

Rootar
02-12-2007, 08:49 PM
screw foam if your hitting it with push bikes save your time and do it off a dock into a pond, lake, river, or deep creek......

we have a blast all summer long

Hondaracing819
02-12-2007, 09:27 PM
i was thinking about that....
What kind size ramp is that like height and * or incline

Kickstarts-suck
02-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
screw foam if your hitting it with push bikes save your time and do it off a dock into a pond, lake, river, or deep creek......

we have a blast all summer long

i want to do that :(