PDA

View Full Version : Quad class at Motoplex?

blholtz
02-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Is the class worth taking for a beginner>

And do they change the track to make it just a little safer fro quads?

250xridamatt
02-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Yes, it definately is. Adam and Tyler will be able to help you out and give you the tips you need, according to what you need to work on. There was a guy there who was a beginner, on a competely stock 450r. He took 6 seconds off per lap, by the end of the night while tired. For a track where A riders can do laps in the 30's, that is a pretty big difference. Just imagine if he was fresh out there.

Have you ever ridden there before? The track as it was for the school that was two weekends ago, seemed pretty safe. Just as long as you know your limits. The track wont be changed just for the school, but with 8 or 9 people, there was only one wreck all night. He just cased a simple jump.

This school was definately worth the money for me. I was very pleased. It gave me the confidence I needed to go out and do my first race on saturday. That was also their first one, so I will assume that it will be even better the next time, since they learned what worked well, and what didnt.

blholtz
02-12-2007, 09:54 PM
no I have never ridden there before.

I looked at the track a week ago and thought that it was over my level so I didn't attempt to riide it.

Just wondered if it was worth it, I'm still pondering whether or not to give it a shot.

250xridamatt
02-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Did you get a flyer for the school? If not, Ill give you the phone number for one of the guys. They will be able to answer any questions you have, and will be more helpful than I can be.

blholtz
02-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah I have one of the flyers, just not sure if I want to be the old fart there looking like an idiot.

250xridamatt
02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
There was a grandpa there at the last class. So I dont think the old fart thing will be a problem. And looking like an idiot isnt a problem either, there was a guy there with basically no motocross experience. He stalled his 450r 3 times in his first timed laps. Everyone there was really nice, and just helped him out the entire time. He improved drastically.

I suggest you call Tyler Moser sometime. Adam and Tyler will both be able to help you, but Tyler is a little more talkative over the phone. He will be able to help you out.

blholtz
02-13-2007, 08:18 AM
cool so old farts are welcome too, that is good to know, just want to be able to get a little better at riding and I thought that this would help in all forms of riding.

Thanks for the info, have to give it a shot.