PDA

View Full Version : What tires to buy for MX

Groves187
02-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Just wondering what Kinda tires i should go with for the Front and the Rear, Building up My EX for Racing MX and not sure what Size tires to go with and what Brand... Thanks Nick

02-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Hole shots are the best mx tire and fastest wearing tires on the market. Their also really light to. My mxr's were slicks before a month was up.

NacsMXer
02-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm really impressed with how my Kenda Klaws hook up and wear. I used to use Holeshots but those things wore so quick it wasn't even worth the money. My Klaws are on several hard rides now and still going strong :cool:

02-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I'm really impressed with how my Kenda Klaws hook up and wear. I used to use Holeshots but those things wore so quick it wasn't even worth the money. My Klaws are on several hard rides now and still going strong :cool:

How long did you use the claws? After my holeshots I switched to klaws and they deffantly last alot longer. Mine gave good traction for a while but once the tread wears down to where their is no dimples in the nobbs all the tires do is spin.

pdracer440
02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
MAXXIS!!!!!!!!!!

NacsMXer
02-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by nacs420
How long did you use the claws? After my holeshots I switched to klaws and they deffantly last alot longer. Mine gave good traction for a while but once the tread wears down to where their is no dimples in the nobbs all the tires do is spin.

Probably a good 6 MX rides (all day long). So far they are the longest wearing tires i've tried. My fronts are just starting to get rounded on the edges and the rears are still going strong. I know what you mean about the shots, I could burn through them in one day if I wanted to. Way too soft of a compound.

quader400
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm really impressed with how my Kenda Klaws hook up and wear.
i have to agree with nacsmxer. my klaws are deffinatly the best tire ive ridden. they hook up great and wear great too. ive ridden razrs and holshots and its close between the holeshots and the klaws but the holshots wear way to fast. and the razrs i hated they just spun

Groves187
02-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Ok with all the talk on the Kenda Klaws, What size should i get them in??? 18 or 20???? and how wide should i go???

blasterheavyB
02-13-2007, 05:54 AM
if your going mx go 18's no doubt