PDA

View Full Version : Leatt-brace neck brace

rookiewrench
02-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I was wondering if anyone has used or has scene this neck brace yet. I saw a video with David Bailey promoting it and was wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of it. Here is the link to the video. www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2540171359427789623

I believe that most of the mx racers are going to be wearing this brace in the San Diego SX.
The brace is expensive but so is everything else in this sport.

www.leatt-brace.com

Just looking for feedback or thoughts

Jeff

ronnoc47
02-13-2007, 06:01 AM
I saw that video also. It seems like a good idea. Any product that can help reduce the chance of a spinal injury is something that all riders should atleast look at.
The problem is cost and appearance. A lot of riders won't spend the money on one and also think that it looks uncool. I have noticed that Ryan Vilipoto and Davey Milsaps wear a neck collar.
As far as the cost goes, Why doesn't the AMA or SX promoters purchase the leatt braces for the riders and give them the option of wearing them. I beleive that once the product gets out there, more riders will be showing up with their own braces and the need for them to be supplied will eventually be eliminated.

racinmason911
02-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Honda of Houston I believe has these in stock. I plan of getting my boy over there to see what he thinks about it in the next few days. He hates the foam collars. So it will be interesting to see what he thinks about this brace. The cost is an issue, but aren't people spending alot more $$$ on shocks and suspension parts in the name of safety? I'd rather drop $400 on a brace like this than $400 on an Elka shock anyday........ That Elka won't do him any good if he was to have a mishap.

Logan #34's Dad
02-25-2007, 08:52 PM
After seeing this thing and having a son racing a quad 5 times his weight it would be money well spent, heck he can wear it until he is 16 years old. One time expense then we'd forget about it. I'll seriously be looking into this. Talk to Grandma and Grandpa!:D

Logan #34's Dad
03-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Hey Millertime, there is some chat about this brace on Pitracer!

mxdad
03-01-2007, 08:44 AM
ordered one for my son today!!!

rookiewrench
03-01-2007, 10:53 AM
When you get some pics could you post them, Also how long did they say it would take to ship them, they told me it would be about 3-4 weeks for the youth ones. Thanks and keep us informed.

Jeff

mxdad
03-03-2007, 02:08 AM
I ordered online so I did not get an estimated delivery date but I will post a bunch of pictures when it arrives.

mxdad
03-07-2007, 07:43 AM
UPDATE

Ordered 3-1-07

Conf email received 3-5-07

Estimated delivery per email up to 6 weeks

I will post again when I receive the product and will take lots of pictures, etc...