PDA

View Full Version : Twist Throttle

JMM-YFZ450-OK
02-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Alright, quick question:

I want to convert my 07 YFZ 450 to a twist throttle and was planning on buying a new throttle assembly for a YZ 450 F dirtbike and using it since from what I understand the motor, carb etc are the same. Has anyone done this? How difficult is it or is there something else I should do??

Thanks, JMM

the*ovenman
02-12-2007, 01:56 PM
I just bought the Motion Pro Votex kit for my 06 SE I am going to install it this weekend. It was like 60 bux shipped.

Here is a link for the kits motion pro has for the 07

http://www.motionpro.com/search/motorcycle/atv_twist_throttle_conversion_kits/

intruder
02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by JMM-YFZ450-OK
Alright, quick question:

I want to convert my 07 YFZ 450 to a twist throttle and was planning on buying a new throttle assembly for a YZ 450 F dirtbike and using it since from what I understand the motor, carb etc are the same. Has anyone done this? How difficult is it or is there something else I should do??

Thanks, JMM

I don't think it will work without some mods done the quad comes with a single cable and the bike comes with a double cable.

JMM-YFZ450-OK
02-13-2007, 06:10 AM
I read an article at ******** (a yfz450 evaluation by Kory Ellis) and they did it so I know it can be done on a 2004. The guys at the Yamaha shop in town also confirmed it. I just don't know if it is something I should attempt myself or if it is a very difficult change. I was giong to post the article but every time I try, something gets goofed with it and it won't link right.

Splatter Matter
02-13-2007, 12:38 PM
the hardest part of the swap is you need to drill and tap your crab for the second cable. but on the up side the crab is already marked for the hole were you need to drill. its not hard take you time and you can do it if you have the right tools.

the*ovenman
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
I just got my Motio Pro kit in the mail and read the directions and it seems super simple but we shall see when I actually install it on Saturday. They say I dont have to modify anything.

Bill Fuller
02-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I'll sell you a brand new Motion Pro never used for $30 shipped. Came off of my YFZ in '04.