PDA

View Full Version : z400 lowering kit

projectram
02-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey guys i bought my girl a z and she kinda has a hard time controlling it being she is only 115 lbs. I was wondering if i got her a lowering kit if that would make it alittle easier for her to control. The way it is now she is scared to ride the 5500 present and i dont wont her to be afriad to ride it. Please let me know so i can decide what do to help her have more fun while ridding. Thanks

Eli

jonboy
02-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I've had the same issues with my wife in the past. You need to ask her what would make her more comfortable on it. Watch her ride it to see exactly what problems she is having. For my wife it was simply getting new bars that were taller and had a further pull to them.

suzukiray
02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
First, take ALL of the spring preload out & most of the rebound & compression. Second, think about different shocks setup for her weight. Third, think about finding a pair of BEAT shocks from an older bike & trying them just to see if she just wants plush & mushy. That's what I had to do to make my wife happy. Ray.

Zero74
02-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Is this your girls first quad? Do what the other to posters said about the suspension. Try to get that dialed in first, than go from there. Heres a helpful link for setting up suspension, not sure if you already no this but you can't have too much info.

http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1172631,00.html

projectram
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
No she had a warrior before i got her this. That was a big jump right into the z. I will try to work the suspension once we can go out ridding again and see if i can get it right that way. One other thing she liked was howlow to the groud it made the quad. She was tring to get me to buy her a ltr450 cause of that. So ill have to find out for sure what she wants or needs.

jherbie28
02-16-2007, 07:43 AM
i dont know if this will help or not but i put a pep lowering link on my quad. it lowers it about 2 inches, with a lower center of gravity she will probably feel more comfortable. i bought mine used but i think baldwin sells them. just dont let her do the uphill tripple at breezewood with it, at least untill you get the rear shock revalved or replaced!!!!!!!!!!! haha. my muffler is still hurting from that

projectram
02-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Yeah i dont think ll ever have to worry about that there man. Thanks for the reply though.