PDA

View Full Version : 426ex

Keats
02-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Blew up the 400 yesterday, and I'm going to go with either a 426 or 416. Can someone give me a detailed list on exactly what I need for either of these upgrades, and where is a good place to buy from. I have decided to put in HD studs right away, I'm planning on getting a hotcam, and would like to run 11:1 for reliability reasons. I don't race, just trails and the lake in the winter. I've researched this, but can't find a clear/detailed list of exactly what is needed. A friend of a friend is going to be helping me do this, he works at a local quad shop and has access to everything we need. I'm just looking for the best set-up so when I take it to get built we have everything we need. Thanks.

quader400
02-11-2007, 10:08 PM
i think it depends really on what got hurt when your engine blew up. i think some times its worse then others and you sort of have to figure out what all you need once you take it apart

Keats
02-13-2007, 08:21 PM
OK we just got done ripping apart my engine....good and bad news. Good news, no dropped valve. Bad news, we think the valve floated and the piston smacked the intake valves. chunks of piston were fused to the valves, the the piston got demolished in the sleeve. So...were going to check the valves to see if there straight or not, one looks bent. Then I need a new piston, sleeve, valve springs (maybe), and valves. My question is....what is the way to go with the 426? I see 440 kits, but haven't seen a 426. What components should I go with?