PDA

View Full Version : Help me with mods

projectram
02-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Alright guys i have an 05 ex thats about to hit the door. I hav decide to keep it for one more year and see if i can get myself to love by adding mods. So i want your help with what i should do next. It already has a WB R4 slip on,jetted,K&N w/ outerware and no airbox lid. If you have suggestion let me know. Here is a pic to help you help me.

projectram
02-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Thats not a very good pic let me try this one. The only difference is the trx graphics were removed.

underpowered
02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
depends on what your looking for and how much you wanna spend.

suspension is a must, will make worlds of difference. then for power, BB kit, cam, P&P, carb. tons of options.

hornetgod13
02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Hand Guards, Nerf Bars, Graphics, and an after market bumper.

northwest Texas
02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Best thing I did was to add better suspension. I added +2 arms and good shocks and while I never really had any complaints before, they made my EX a pleasure to ride. Except for drag racing, I could ride so much faster with less effort. I don't think you would regret just adding good shocks and go from there.

ride_red666
02-11-2007, 09:11 PM
nerfs, tires, handlebars, and if you have enough money suspension and motor upgrades.

procircuit406ex
02-12-2007, 07:45 AM
PRM bumper and skids, HiPers and RazR2 all around, GPR stabelizer, hotcam stage 1, LRD or Procircuit full system, 13/39 gearing, nerfs, a good set of handlebars, houser +1 stem, IMS oversized tank, tireballs in all tires, galfer rotors, rear shock rebuild, and front shocks...your good to hit the woods lol

projectram
02-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I was thinking of getting 450r fronts and rebuil my rear shock. I dont do any real racing so i dont know if ill do a-arms but i was think about a lowering kit. Are they worth the money? I know they are just for looks really but do they do anything thats really benificial? I was going to do that to mine and my girls z400 but if they are not worth it i wont.

What is a better tire the razr or the holeshot? I need new tires cause i just found out that one of my rears has a hole in the side wall and it wont hold air at all. Let me know and thanks for all the replys guys keep em coming.

bradley300
02-12-2007, 09:19 AM
only get a lowering kit if you drag racing or doing flat track racing. my suggestion is to get a set of 450r front shocks, and send them along with the rear shock to gt thunder for rebuilds and the gt thunder linkage. that will make it ride better than you can think is possible, and will give you a lower ride hieght.

projectram
02-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Oh and i ride at the dunes alot so im going to get sand star front and rears. Anything that will help me in the dunes? Im pretty mucha rookie rider so and dont really know alot about quads yet but im tring to learn so let me know.

02-12-2007, 09:39 AM
See mine below.

Definitely fast enuf to get me into ALOT of trouble in the woods.

If yer running dunes, or MX, I'd just get a 450R or a Banshee.

interceptorz28
02-12-2007, 11:23 AM
I say nerf bars, front bumper and handlebars.

SandNut777
02-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey Guys

Start him out slow the nerfs are a must start there. Some AC pro pegs. Then a front bumper. ASV Pro Pack. Thats a great start Then come back for more

projectram
02-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok so here is what i think im going to start with. I want to change the over all look of the quad so im going to do race cut fronts, im going to take the red and either paint it white or buy some white plastics, some type of black wheels and front bumper.

For suspension i think im going to try and find some fairly good aftermarket shocks to start, either holeshot or razr tires all around i havent decided one what ones yet. I dont think i will A-arms yet but maybe some day. Im going to to get some new handle bars probably tusk but i dont know yet.

Motor wise maybe a 416 kit, stage 2 hot cam, rev box, full exhaust, higher compression piston, 450r carb, and maybe some more but i dont yet.

Is there anything else you guys would recomend. The main places i will be riding is long flat trails nothing to technicle and the dunes. I might do some drag racing but im not out to be the fastest person there just not the slowest. let me know if you can think of anything else that would benfit me.

hdavis21
02-14-2007, 06:29 AM
imo, i ride mine in the woods got it lowered fr/rr +3 swinger and love it, i do want some new shocks because i have to exert alot of effort to ride hard but thats my .02 i would probably re-gear first with the mods u got,and for tires based on my experience alone holeshot rears no comparison and prob. razr or razr2 fronts.

projectram
02-14-2007, 02:39 PM
I was wondering do the air scoops really work or are they more for looks? Could you guys let me know.