PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy Trails??????

brandonp005
02-11-2007, 06:49 PM
anyone here rode any of the hatfield mccoy trails? if so, which ones are better.....we love the mud and some decent hill climbs

brandonp005
02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
anyone?

Nick shupe
02-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Go to eather Rockhouse trail head in Mann or Bearwollow in Logen they both have a sh** load of trails and there fun.

trailhouseowner
02-14-2007, 08:26 AM
If you are looking for a top notch place to vacation, Hatfield McCoy Trails is the place for you. Come visit the place where wild and wonderful mountains have combined with trails heaven to create the nationally recognized Hatfield-McCoy Trails. The trails are located in the rich mountains of Appalachia in southern West Virginia. Deep valleys mixed with tight and twisting trails tempt the daring soul to push further. West Virginia is known as “Almost Heaven” and it’s no coincidence the Hatfield-McCoy Trails have become known as “TrailsHeaven.” Southern hospitality combines with over 500 miles of trails (more in progress), to form life-long memories and create an experience you will want to repeat again and again.

The Hatfield-McCoy Trails are composed of the following five individual trail systems: Browning Fork Trail System, Buffalo Mountain Trail System, Dingess Rum Trail System, Little Coal River Trail System, and the Pinnacle Creek Trail System.

Browning Fork Trail is the most popular trail on the trail system. The Browning Fork Trail System located between the towns of Man and Gilbert. It consists of approximately 120 miles of trail. The Browning Fork Trail System has one trailhead/ranger station, Rockhouse, located just outside the town of Man. Browning Fork has the largest total mileage of each of the five Hatfield-McCoy Trail Systems and offers a wide variety of trails for all difficulty levels. The breakdown in trail percentage for this trail system is as follows: 49% are green trails (easiest), 23% are blue trails (more difficult), 21% are black trails (most difficult), and 7% are orange trails (single track only). This trail system has direct access to the cities of Man and Gilbert, WV. Each of these towns offer fuel, full service food, and lodging accommodations. With so much to offer, it is easy to see why the Browning Fork Trail is the most preferred trail on the system!

For those who want to plan a Spring, Summer, or even Fall trip to the Hatfield McCoy Trails, now is the time to start planning. Hatfield McCoy is a popular destination for ATVers and dirt bikers. As it has grown in popularity, the need to start planning now is crucial. Hatfield-McCoy Trail System totals over 500 miles of off-road trails in four counties. Each of its five trail systems are open to ATV's, Dirt Bikes, and select Utility Vehicles (UTVs). Many of the trail systems also offer community connecting trails that allow visitors to access “ATV friendly towns” to experience the charm of southern West Virginia. Hatfield McCoy is really Trailsheaven!!

If we can assist you with your plans, don't hesitate to contact us!

KB Motorsports
02-14-2007, 08:46 AM
I went to three trail heads.. Don't go expecting to hill climb though. A lot of the good stuff is taped off. However, one trail head forgot which one has a fun coal hill to climb its like 250ft tall.. Its taller than the actual hill climb they have. (Thunder run?) anyhow, you will find a lot of mud, rocks, and trails.. No room to just explore though..Talk to some of the WV locals.. They have other places to ride if you like exploring and hill climbing.

Also Black doesn't mean hard.. Black means you better have some fix a flat! Rocks all over! haha

Les Davis
02-14-2007, 09:38 AM
KBMotorsports couldnt have said it better!!! I've been down there 5-6 over the last 3 years and the place is absolutely awesome. If you have a sport quad, stay away from the black trails. Stick to the green and blue trails although we found the blue trails would tend to have many deep mud holes as well as deep ruts that we had problems passing by. Rockhouse Trail(Browning Fork) is an awesome trail head. It's got allot of different stuff for everyone (straights, lots of cut backs, mud, mining roads). The nicest thing I like about this trail system is that you can ride from Man to Gilbert WV and get lunch,gas, parts or repairs at the local dealers. Another trail head that is nice is Bear Wallow (30 minutes away). It's got a good bit of rocks and there is also some very steep coal hills but nothing that a sport type quad couldnt handle. This was probably my second favorite trail head. All in all, you cant go wrong with any of the trail heads. My best advice would be, take a rain suit to wear over your gear and some waterproof boots. It's wet in dem thar mountains:blah:

pastfast125
02-15-2007, 01:02 AM
if you know where to go you can find some siiiiick hillclimbs. I've ridden both the hatfield trails and just local trails not owned by hatfield. Honestly I liked the other trials better. We stay in a cabin down off this on road, we ride about 5 mins down the road, 15 mins of trails and we're at the sweetest hillclimbs. Then we ride all day all over the place and find some pretty sweet stuff. I though te hatfield trails were kinda boring and repetative.

waloud
02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Browning Fork/Rockhouse was a blast. It's been about 2 years since I have been there. Hoping to go back this summer.

Which 450?
02-24-2007, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by trailhouseowner

If we can assist you with your plans, don't hesitate to contact us!

Im staying with these people in the end of April, this will be my 2nd time staying there, definitely nice people, and very nice facilities, and I like the Browning Fork trail system the best, it also has the most trails I believe