PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to xsr_racing28c!

flattrack450
02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Today Jason (xsr_racing28c) took first place at our local ice race charity ride. One man per machine, 1.25 mile tt course, most laps in 1 hour was declared the winner, and he stuck it out long enough to take the win. Four quads all finishing on the same lap, with aprox. ten others running a variety of paces.

1st- Jason Conti (xsr_racing28c)- stock motor, built susp. 06 450r

2nd- Justin Green- my little brother- fully built motor,
stock susp. 03 suzuki z434

3rd- myself- 99 440ex, built motor and susp. ...ok, maybe i didn't run the entire hour without help, but 'old reliable' ran strong and i kept the lead for the first 35 minutes. arm pump sucks!

don't know if jason has any pics from today. i'm sure he'll post them if he does.

it was fun guys. we'll do it again soon

UPDATE... PICS CAN BE FOUND AT LINK BELOW.
JASON #10 JUSTIN #8 TONY(ME)#7
He just had to get a pic of me trading my ride off to another guy!

http://dansalton.smugmug.com/gallery/2465731#P-1-9

czrider263
02-11-2007, 06:49 PM
good job!!!

Just wait till you have a DRG motor to race with!

killerofcrows48
02-11-2007, 06:55 PM
awesome! congrats to all of ya! :macho

patrickj75
02-11-2007, 09:17 PM
congrats Jay!

Patrick

suzukigirl
02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by killerofcrows48
awesome! congrats to all of ya! :macho

chad502ex
02-12-2007, 05:48 AM
great job Jay!

Mxjunkie
02-12-2007, 05:56 AM
That's awesome! I've allway's wanted to do the same thing but for alzheimers, my mom mom has had it for year's now and I would really like to help a charity out to find a cure for it, I was thinking who can do the most lap's till they cant anymore.

xsr_racing28c
02-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Thanks to you all! If it weren't for Tony (Flattrack450) I wouldn't be half the rider that I am. In fact I didn't even know about this event until last thursday and had to ask my little sister if I could borrow he new 06 kicker to ride.

It was a completely stock machine on Thursday nite of last week and we got it torn down and installed PEP 8 Clicks all around, JB Suspension components and an axle and hit the track.

It was a tough race throughout and we all had soo much fun! It was tough to pull it out with Justin and Tony in the mix, but I managed to get it done and the completely corked 06 450r was handling like a dream.

Once I get some DRG power under the seat, I'm sure it will help me substancially!!!

I just wanna give a big thanks to Tony Green for helping me out and getting me on the track and all setup. And to my sponsors : Janssen Motorsports, Hiper Technology, ASV Inventions, DRG , and BVC Racing I appreciate everything!!!

Thanks again guys, Jay

Here is the only pic I have from yesterday. I'm going to be contacting "Cycle News" who was there yesterday taking pics and get some action shots for you all. Its great to ride for a good cause and we will be out there again next year supporting them!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/xsr_racing28c/06ic3.jpg

patrickj75
02-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Jay,
you'll have to let me know about this next year. i'd love to come over there and ride for a good cause!

Patrick

Honda#4
02-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Congrats Jay, nice looking bike.

xsr_racing28c
02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks Honda#4!

Patrick,
They put this event on every year at around this time, so next year I'll shoot you the details once they come up with a date and have you come down and stay here for the weekend. Its super fun and like Tony said, its a 1.25 mile course with lots of good turns and a few places to open the machine up!

~Jay

Chino886
02-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
Thanks Honda#4!

Patrick,
They put this event on every year at around this time, so next year I'll shoot you the details once they come up with a date and have you come down and stay here for the weekend. Its super fun and like Tony said, its a 1.25 mile course with lots of good turns and a few places to open the machine up!

~Jay

Nice job Jay!

It must of been the leak jet.......LOL!

No, nice work, can't wait to read the article!

xsr_racing28c
02-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks Dave! I think it was the leak jet too! :D

Hopefully i'll have more pics soon, I can't wait to read what they write as well!!!

~Jay