PDA

View Full Version : 240 vs. stock cylinder

banchee dave
02-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I have a 240 kit installed with a 3mm crank. pro design intake with 34mm keihen carb, v-force 3 reed cage ported to the intake and aluminum airbox with k&n filter. pro circuit pipe and silencer. I don't have any porting done to the 240 cylinder and it runs awsome I think. What I was wondering is if I do a drag port or a full on mx port on the stock cylinder, add a wiseco piston and shave the head and install it on the current bottom end along with my current intake settup, will it pull harder and longer. Why I ask is with less rotating mass of the big bore it should rev faster creating more hp over a broader band I think. I'm running 18 inch tires and as long as I gear it, it should pull like a mother. I run 110 race gas anyway so gas isn't a problem for the porting. I am also thinking of lighter flywheel. I was wondering what some of you thought. This is my wifes quad right now but it will be my daughers race quad when she's old enough to race, which I hope she does.:D

headache
02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
personally i would keep the 240jug and have it ported for the power that you want. yeah the stock cylinder will rev a bit quicker, but the 240 will always have more torque, which helps get you out of the corners quicker. a lighter flywheel is a great idea, it definetly helps. I have a ported stock cylinder, and while it is very strong in the mid and topend it lacks the lowend needed for XC racing, which i have gotten into...

woodsracer144
03-04-2007, 07:26 PM
hey dude iwas gonna build a +3 stroker with a 240 kit what kind of kit do you have a vitos? or a ct? how sat does it go? thanks!