PDA

View Full Version : front end setup questions

custom R
02-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I have a 87 250r and im trying to get my front end setup right what should I set my toe in toe out at and also I put on some dual rate fully adj elka elites with high low speed adj they feel pretty good but they have two much roll in the corners what adj will stiffen that up a little

joshyz125
02-11-2007, 11:34 PM
When i do toe in, i always set them in a little, / \ they seem to track better in my experience, if you set it up with them out \ / the quad will be a little hard to control at higher speeds

I never messed with the camber much, I always left that alone, unless your flat trackin the quad, and in that case, alot of that will be test and tune untill you get it the way you like.

another thing, if you run a taller tire up front that will help with control

Also your rear set up will help you get through the corners, suspension is the hardest thing to get right
These are just from my experience, there are guys on here that could help you ALOT more

400exrider707
02-12-2007, 05:40 AM
Each tire should be 1/8 in toe in per side, so 1/4in toe in overall. Are your arms camber/castor adjustable? What is your rear end setup?

custom R
02-12-2007, 11:33 PM
im running stock arms on front and right now i have it set a 1/8 toe in so I guess I'll set it to a 1/4 , on the rear im running a 88 swinger and I have a stock rear shock rebuilt shock by elka and it feels pretty good the only problem im reallly having is the body roll in the corners it wants to dive in on three wheeels on a tight corner when im hard on the brakes if you know what I mean so should I stiffen up the low speed adj on the shock or the compession adj

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by custom R
im running stock arms on front and right now i have it set a 1/8 toe in so I guess I'll set it to a 1/4 , on the rear im running a 88 swinger and I have a stock rear shock rebuilt shock by elka and it feels pretty good the only problem im reallly having is the body roll in the corners it wants to dive in on three wheeels on a tight corner when im hard on the brakes if you know what I mean so should I stiffen up the low speed adj on the shock or the compession adj

A stock shock is not going to have a slow speed adjustment. there will be compression and rebound adjust

joshyz125
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I think he was asking about stiffening up the Front but i could be wrong

custom R
02-13-2007, 12:58 PM
im talking about the slow speed adj on the front shocks there fully adjustable elka elites

Can anyone explain how the different adj will affect the ride or a web site that explains how to set up these shocks

custom R
02-13-2007, 01:02 PM
another pic

400exrider707
02-13-2007, 01:30 PM
ahhh, I was unaware of the suspension setup on it. So what exactly are you wanting to do, just prevent the front end from diving under hard corenering? What do you have for rear setup, what size tires, and what kind of riding are you doing.

custom R
02-13-2007, 02:49 PM
yeah everything feels pretty good except hard cornering. last time out riding I was riding in sand flats and tight dirt trails and it felt great on jumps and rode smooth handled the big hits good but in corners where I was coming in fast on a tight corner the inside rear would lift up and the front seemed to want to kinda tuck under if you know what I mean

im running an 88 swingarm the rear shock was rebuilt by elka with 20-11-10 razr tires on the rear and 21's on front