PDA

View Full Version : Renewing Plastic Finish

DieselBoy
02-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey guys,

haven't posted in a while. Just wondering if anyone has used Plastic renew, and what their views are on it and maybe some tips. Just wondering if anyone knows of any cheap easy ways to get a finish on plastic thats not really scratched but just has a bit of a dull finish... Any help is appreciated talk to you soon

Mike,

CRich[814]
02-11-2007, 05:25 PM
go to the how to section and theres a write up with a few replies. i personally wouldnt use it. wd40 does wonders.

naw0029
02-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I used Plastic Renew when i first got my quad and than figured it was a lost calse.......i too use wd40 the stuff is great it gives your plastic that wet look and when the mud and dirt hit it it comes right off. Friends use Armorall (i think thats right) and that works good also.

dg26
02-14-2007, 12:59 PM
PC Renew works really well if you put in the time to sand it more times than the box says. The bad part of that product is that their shine product wears off in a couple of rides. If you just want the plastic to be not scratched and don't mind if its dull just use various grades of wet sandpaper until you get to a smooth finish