PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Racetown395

adrenalinefreak
02-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Wanted to see how everyone did and if anyone got any pictures? I was there but unfortunately it was a dash there and a dash back. My work had inventory yesterday (last night) and they were nice enough to let me race but I had to get right back to work.

I finished 1st in my class (Womens C). My first first! I'm still fairly new to racing and can feel improvements every race. I really need to work on my cornering. Too slow and jumps.

By the way, i thought the track was a lot of fun. the jumps were pretty nice.

I wanted to send out congrats to the boy with the number 177. He hit a jump right next to me as he was passing and It was nice!

Maybe moving up after a couple more races! Definitely need a bigger bike if I do that! Need a bigger bike anyway!

I'll be at Havasu and should have time to hangout instead of having to take off right after the race. I'd like to meet some of you guys!

CannondaleRider
02-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I wasn't able to do Friday MX Practice, so I didn't know the jumps hardly at all....

Open A - I got a bad start, and tired out VERY quickly(Being sick doesn't help to much)

The off-road section was just SO rough, and it wore me out worse then even the two hours of Pro-Am at Pismo.

I ended up 11th out of 20. I did actually qualify for the Pro-Main, but I wasn't up for racing it....just would have been a complete waste of money...

Had a great time...and practice for the Havasu whoops starts ASAP:D

WORCSYFZ199
02-12-2007, 01:05 AM
I love this track and the MX and the roughness of the back section, unfortunatley I have terrible luck, my chain stays on for all of the MX practice and all of the unclassified, but when it really matters it comes off the sprocket and gets pinched between the swinger and the sprocket bolt so I dnf'ed Production A, then I had to fix it and couldn't get it fixed before Open A so I had no chance to qualify (which was a shame because I felt I could have podiumed in the Pro-Am, had I qualified and quad stayed together) but anyways I had it fixed and was racing the sport race and me and Dominic Deluca were flyin and I was runnin 2nd right on him and he hit the first table out of first turn of the track, and the way that table is built it curves to the left, anyways he flew off of it 3rd wide open and I was pinned right behind him and we both flew off the side of the jump (similar to Eichner in the pro start) and he crashed and flew forward, I bouced off the side tucked and rolled and broke my name plate, rear fender bracket and goggles (which sucked). I got up walked over to him to see if he was ok, but he wasn't getting up so quick like me, I guess he ended up breaking his pinky and bruising hip and shoulder, but anyways after about 3 and a half minutes, I flipped my quad back over upright, I put my helmet back on with no goggles since I broke em, and headed out into the middle of the pack of B riders, my eyes got so full of sand from them and the course, they are still red and the rain shootin in my eyes didn't help, so now my eyes are killing me and I ended up 4th because I could't really catch up due to no sight cause of my eyes, but o well, I love this track I just wish I had some luck with it

ThePhantomRider
02-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I saw that Team Epic riders Josh Frederick and Jeremy Schell repeated their 1-2 finish positions in the Pro Atv class for the second week....:D

TPR

QuadJunkies
02-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Ive got to have a few days to catch my breath and get some sleep then We will have a Gallery posted.

I had an AWESOME time,I wish I could me more than one person to cover much more and meet everyone ,so instead Ill do a little each round

We will have 2 Pro Am riders LIVE track Interviews and one Open B rider as well as Holeshot vidoes,Rhino vidoes,and countless photos.
Round 3 should be exciting

:D

My next Interviews will be with the Women and Youth will follow at upcomng round at Payette.

adrenalinefreak~
I missed your race this time :( I was busy trying to get the Interviews done .Each round I will miss a few races, but try and make up for it thefoloowing round with some pics and vidoe.
Thats great-good job and Congrats! :)

http://upload.pbase.com/image/74311589/large.jpg

d kelley
02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Anyone know what happened to Doug Eichner? Why was Brandon Brown DSQ'd? How many entries were there for the weekend? The rain during race 10 was crazy! It got so wet, so fast. Everyone was sideways going down the fast sections in the back, and it was so slick in the motocross. I had left my air box plug in and my Yamaha started to suck water on the 3rd lap, I had to stop and pull it off. It was still better than how rough it got Sat. afternoon during race 6, 1 hour before that race, I found that my carb to cylinder head boot was cracked and was making my bike pop like crazy. Thanks to Roy Bloodworth driving the Yamaha support trailer, I replaced it and got to the line about 5 minutes before the race. Unluckily, I didn't get my seat latched down right and it came off during the first lap. It is going to be so cool to have Yamaha supporting the YFZ riders for the WORCS races from now on. Victorville gets whooped out quick. I think its a lot like Havasu, just without the heat. Good luck to everyone in Havasu and watch out for the spring breakers!

QuadJunkies
02-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
Anyone know what happened to Doug Eichner? Why was Brandon Brown DSQ'd? How many entries were there for the weekend? The rain during race 10 was crazy! It got so wet, so fast. Everyone was sideways going down the fast sections in the back, and it was so slick in the motocross. I had left my air box plug in and my Yamaha started to suck water on the 3rd lap, I had to stop and pull it off. It was still better than how rough it got Sat. afternoon during race 6, 1 hour before that race, I found that my carb to cylinder head boot was cracked and was making my bike pop like crazy. Thanks to Roy Bloodworth driving the Yamaha support trailer, I replaced it and got to the line about 5 minutes before the race. Unluckily, I didn't get my seat latched down right and it came off during the first lap. It is going to be so cool to have Yamaha supporting the YFZ riders for the WORCS races from now on. Victorville gets whooped out quick. I think its a lot like Havasu, just without the heat. Good luck to everyone in Havasu and watch out for the spring breakers!

The Announcer said Brown was down from smokin a clutch, I seen Doug in the trails and asked what happended and he said he wastn sure, that it just shut down :(

Ive heard others say Brandon may have had some Tranny issues.
Maybe it was both ,not sure.

CannondaleRider
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
1 hour before that race, I found that my carb to cylinder head boot was cracked and was making my bike pop like crazy. Thanks to Roy Bloodworth driving the Yamaha support trailer, I replaced it and got to the line about 5 minutes before the race.

Hey, did you pop you head into a Team Money$hot trailer asking about the intake boot? Three dudes talking and a girl on a computer in it?

Also, As far as I heard, Brandon had clutch/tranny problems, and Lenny told me that Dougs bike had some internal engine problems, but wasn't sure what until he got it apart.

400grl
02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
How do you get disqualified for having engine issues??

QuadJunkies
02-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
How do you get disqualified for having engine issues??
I dont get that either:confused:
I knew a DNF but not a DQ
400grl~ were you at either Round ??

400grl
02-13-2007, 09:25 AM
On the score sheet, I think it said he was DQ'd....unless I'm thinking of someone else? I just remember thinking "I wonder what you do to get the DQ?" Maybe he didn't pass the sound test after the race or something???

No, Tina.....I wasn't able to make either round. Rhino stuff is keeping me busy and poor......I thought racing quads was expensive!!! I would really like to try to get to Havasu......but that race is the same weekend as several other things going on.....so we will see. I'd like to at least go race with the ladies on my husband's quad........although I'm SADLY out of riding shape! HAHA! :)

QuadJunkies
02-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
. I'd like to at least go race with the ladies on my husband's quad........although I'm SADLY out of riding shape! HAHA! :)

Oh I DO FEEL YOUR PAIN... :o :p

You could always race the Rhino on the MX portion :D
On the way home I saw a few places for riding and thought about ya and your Rhino-I bet its a BLAST!
Maybe we will catch ya in an upcoming round ;)
It didi say DQ'd..
Funny thing... My Husband didnt race Round 1 and hasnt even registered and yet they have him down as a DNF:huh

400grl
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Wha???:confused: That's crazy!!!

Yeah, I'd love to race my rhino.......it's down for some repairs right now......but if it's up and running for Havasu, I would definately race it!! :) Looks like so much fun!!

komik
02-13-2007, 09:43 AM
The rumor/story that I've heard is that Brown did have motor/clutch problems but was DQ'd for having outside help and not being in the pits at the time. Which means someone touched, towed, or aided that was not a racer or track official, sweep...etc..etc. Worcs has been pretty lienent with the rule but I think they are cracking down now. I know over the last year there has been a lot of talk around who can help and who can't. I know as media you cannot aide in any way unless it's life threating to the rider or spectators.

At this time, that is just a rumor as to the reason for the DQ and I personally cannot confirm so if any else has heard anything I'd sure like to know.

QuadJunkies
02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by komik
The rumor/story that I've heard is that Brown did have motor/clutch problems but was DQ'd for having outside help and not being in the pits at the time. Which means someone touched, towed, or aided that was not a racer or track official, sweep...etc..etc. Worcs has been pretty lienent with the rule but I think they are cracking down now. I know over the last year there has been a lot of talk around who can help and who can't. I know as media you cannot aide in any way unless it's life threating to the rider or spectators.

At this time, that is just a rumor as to the reason for the DQ and I personally cannot confirm so if any else has heard anything I'd sure like to know.
That would make snese then.
I knew of the rule ,but never realized that it was much of a problem

Pappy
02-13-2007, 10:41 AM
I know as media you cannot aide in any way unless it's life threating to the rider or spectators.

lol...very true. i watched once as Dunk and another pro rider tangled and coulnt get the quads apart:ermm: All I could do is watch.

in the GNCC series its a different animal, the spectators are counted on to help the riders!

QuadJunkies
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I I know I seen alot of minis go down this wk end and aided in a few that had to be else taken to the hopsital or flown out :(

Sucked seeing Eichner out there like this

komik
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Yea i've never actually got to go to a GNCC yet, hopefully this year I'll get to witness it first hand. The WORCS series has been touting that line of when and where help can be presented. Since some of the course is MX and the other is desert that rule is a tough one to figure out sometimes, mostly cause the spectators aren't allowed in the MX sections and they tend to wonder around in the Desert sections.

I know what you mean Pappy, I personally been yelled at on numerous occations from riders asking for help, and I just tell them I'll find a track official to help them. Normally that just infurates them more, but I know that as soon as I touch that bike it's an automatic DQ for the rider and I'm probably lose my media creditials.

It's up to the other riders to make a course adjustment to get around the stuck, broke down quad, or accident. They are now part of Off-road racing obstacles.

Of course there is always the case where your the first on scene and no help in site. When they are hurt it's even worse, but at that point it's become a flagger to prevent any further injuries, most riders will stop or get help for you. Especially now with many of the riders having radios. They just radio it into the pits.

My help, well I'm not a trained EMT anyways so anything I do could result in further injury or lawsuit. It's tough to sit there and you can't do a thing for them.

komik
02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Yea the rules are a bit different for the mini's as the parents are out there running around as well. I think that is the only class that help is allowed in that way. Guess I need to brush up on the rule book again.

komik
02-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Last year at the Lake Havasu race, I heard a big splash right behind me. A rider had missed the turn and found a nasty stagnet pond. He had to wait till someone came to get the bike out. Of course it sitting in the water for 30-40min probably not the best for his quad, but a couple riders stopped and tried to get the bike unstuck but no luck. I sat and chatted for a bit, Even had a good laugh with him about him finding the only water hazard on the course.

Here's the link to the pic, sorry can't embed it..site doesn't allow hotlinking

http://www.photoshelter.com/c/markelliot/gallery-img-show?G_ID=G0000looGpB5Myv4&start=6&pagtotal=50

QuadJunkies
02-13-2007, 11:42 AM
So did you end up as soggy as I was on the Sunday morning race :o
Next time Ill remember to bring rain gear for more than just my Camera! lol :p

komik
02-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Nope, I didn't make it to the race. I had some family obligations that I had to attend to .

I learned the hard way as well, I now carry rain gear to everyrace. It's actually packed into my camera backpack at all times. As well as a big garbage bag and rubber bands. I got stuck about 3-4miles out at the Utah race with no rain gear for me or the camera. The camera held up just fine (even rain soaked), but I didn't fair as well.

QuadJunkies
02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Nope, I didn't make it to the race. I had some family obligations that I had to attend to .

I learned the hard way as well, I now carry rain gear to everyrace. It's actually packed into my camera backpack at all times. As well as a big garbage bag and rubber bands. I got stuck about 3-4miles out at the Utah race with no rain gear for me or the camera. The camera held up just fine (even rain soaked), but I didn't fair as well.
Oh I brought my Camera gear, and I even layered up to stay warm... But unfortunatly,it wasnt waterproof:p
I was dried out in about 2 hours so all was good.

out4sand
02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I do not believe Brandon knew he was DQ'ed in the Pro Main. I was talking to him Sunday after we loaded all our stuff up and he thought he was able to finish enough laps to get points and did not mention anything about being DQ'ed. I can't imagine he will be happy about the DQ!

As for the Sunday morning race....my boots are STILL filled with water and weight about 10lbs a piece. It was just unbelievably UGLY in the XC section, it was like riding in 1' deep wet concrete!

komik
02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
That sucks to go home thinking that you got some points to find out you were DQ'd. Again what I heard was just a rumor as to what was believed to of happened.

Thanks out4sand for helping confirm that the rumor I heard is more than likely now what happened.

Maybe something as simple as a scoring mistake.

Anyone get any photos of that section?

d kelley
02-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey cannondale rider, yeah, that was me asking about the boot. Thanks for checking out your parts for me. like I said, I made to the line but just barely. Is outforsand J.M.? If so, whats up and see you in Havasu. that rule about help is kinda of funky. I thought it was for the pro class only. No one allowed to help the pro class. I think it would be a cool idea to let people out in the off-road section. then they could get a better idea of the hell that gets played out there. but in Phoenix, one of the sweepers said no one is allowed there.

400grl
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I would imagine no one IS allowed out there due to safety reasons. In alot of places you can't see around the corner right in front of you, and if some one was on the course when a rider blew around the corner, it would be horrible for the person without the safety gear on (ie the spectator!) If they allowed people out on the course in the cross country sections, there would be NO way to regulate those people and keep everyone safe. They worry enough about the media being out there, but at least they can keep track of a few camera people that know how to stay out of the way......

out4sand
02-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Is outforsand J.M.?

Nope, I'm not Jeff (guessing that is who you mean by J.M.), I do not think he is a member on this board but he is a great guy! Most people call me Gingles (pronounced Jingles)

Sorry my bin didn't have the stock intake to loan out. Riding down in other peoples trailers always cuts down on the spare parts I bring along for the ride.

As for Brandon and the DQ, I'll see if I can find out the scoop. I hope it was just a scoring error or something along that line.

CrackerboyLV
02-13-2007, 03:59 PM
They let the parents out on the track Sunday morning to chase the 50cc 4-6 year olds. As far as I know race 11 is the only time you are allowed to be outside of the pits.

By the way adrenalinefreak I believe 177 is Cole Fite, not only is he an excellent rider but he truely an amazing person.

check out his website
here (http://www.fiteracing.com/About%20Myself.htm)
He raises the bar for all of our kids (including mine)

CannondaleRider
02-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Hey cannondale rider, yeah, that was me asking about the boot. Thanks for checking out your parts for me. like I said, I made to the line but just barely. Is outforsand J.M.? If so, whats up and see you in Havasu. that rule about help is kinda of funky. I thought it was for the pro class only. No one allowed to help the pro class. I think it would be a cool idea to let people out in the off-road section. then they could get a better idea of the hell that gets played out there. but in Phoenix, one of the sweepers said no one is allowed there.

As out4sand already mentioned, he was the one looking in his parts bin, I was the sasquach looking dude on the couch, lol

The rules do seem to need a little more in depth descriptions.

As for Brandon, if it is trully a DQ, I wouldn't talk to him for a LONG time, at least until he gets a good race back to him.

out4sand
02-13-2007, 05:31 PM
It sounds like it was a bit of a misunderstanding. He was towed in after his quad was done for the day and for some reason that was scored as a DQ. WORCS thought he had outside help but in reality he was just towed back to his trailer. It's now changed and he was awarded points for completing enough laps

400grl
02-13-2007, 07:59 PM
That's good to hear for Brown - sometimes no matter what is proved after the fact, scoring stands.......so glad WORCS works with their riders!!!

Hopefully Eichner's luck changes for the better this season.....he always seems to get his run of bad luck each series......in the meantime, I'm so excited to see things in the Pro class get going and the competition getting out there!!! Also super excited that the WORCS Pros are going to get some WELL DESERVED exposure.....looks like this is the year the West Coast racers will start to really come to the forefront of the US racing scene (Quadcross Pros, WORCS, etc)!!! I couldn't be more proud!!! :macho :macho

QuadJunkies
02-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Pro Am Coverage is now up, also the photo gallery.