PDA

View Full Version : SOME ONE HELP! plzzzz

BigBore440EX
02-11-2007, 01:49 PM
iightn well i jus bought a 4 wheeler with the top end prettty much in a box put a timin chain on it and i got the timin juss right and so i take it out of my shop knowin the battery is dead so i ask my stepdad to pull me around he starts and the thang starts up then it juss shuts off after 3 or 4 seconds then for a nuther 30 mins i tired pullin her around and she wouldnt start. NE body got any advice?

4TraxRider
02-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Sounds like maby it wasn't timed jussss right. Could be a lot of things though. Does it have spark? Gas? My friend put a new cam in his EX one night and apparently had it off a tooth or somthing and it did the same thing. Started for a few seconds and it ended up breaking 2 valves and needing to rebuild the entire topend.

BigBore440EX
02-11-2007, 02:01 PM
yeah it has spark and brand new gas its juss thought when i give it throttle it starts runnin out or my over flow bad

Dupontster
02-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Cam lobes down?

underpowered
02-11-2007, 02:29 PM
could be a tooth off, could be a few things. if fuel is runnin out your overflow sound like your float is stuck. it may not start because it is loading up and flooding. tap on the bowl of the carb with the handle of a screwdrive to try and free up the float. if gas is still running out of your overflow you may have to take the carb apart and clean it.

BigBore440EX
02-11-2007, 03:20 PM
yes they are