PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Z and all I got to say is

Hotshoe18
02-11-2007, 12:44 PM
HOLY S***!!! This thing is bad *****!!! I came off of a 250ex and just got this and it feels INCREDIBLE. I cant keep the front tires touching the ground theres so much power. I got the black and red one and the guy said it was a special edition. Is this true? I just thought it was a color they started offering. Anyhoo, I give this quad 5 stars. I only weigh 140 pounds so I unloaded the springs as much as possible and now im thinking of softening the shocks on both compression and rebound. There are 2 screws on each shock one on top and the other on bottom and the manual says you can ajust compression and rebound with them. If anyone has done this, tell me what ammount of diffrecne it can make. Thanks.

ZSNOW
02-11-2007, 02:18 PM
i didn't notice a ton until i jumped the quad...yah this quads pretty bad compared to a 250...the black is a normal color that is called the se edition because its new this year?don't quote me on that but is what i heard...watch out the stock axle is extremely weak on the left side...but you'll be happy and i hope you are
Zack

czrider263
02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
i had a z400 before i got into 450's. It was a tourqe machine. it would do wheelies like a champ.

yeah the rebound and comp really help jumping and woops.

Just play with the setting till you like it.

Have fun on it!:D

JGlaze
02-13-2007, 08:34 AM
It really is the perfect trail quad. I used to race 450's in mx and now that I'm not racing anymore the z400 is great to go bashing on. I just picked up a second one last week for my Girl friend. Ride on

450ERRRRRR!
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I've got an 450R also but just got this 06 Z400 and it's now my favorite quad. I have added a Proflow intake with a Uni filter and outwear cover, rejetted the carb with a Alba jet kit and put on a Whitebrothers E2 exhaust.... Now look out!!!! I also put on a set of PRM skid plates and bumpers. Here's a picture of the bumper.