PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas Trucks

michael250
02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Ive been savin up for one but i need some input on the T-Maxx and the Nitro Sport. Which one overall is better,lasts longer(as in engine life and other parts), and needs less maintence. Any input on these trucks would be great. I have enough money to buy a new Nitro Sport or i could buy a nice used T-Maxx off of ebay. What the better decision. Thanks

416exfreak
02-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Everytime i got my T-Maxx out to run it....it would never stay running, i put 3 different engines on it, and none of them would stay in tune. It hasnt been touches in about a year and a half and Ive been using the left over nitro for bombs...lol

quads14589
02-11-2007, 10:28 AM
yeah same thing with mine, it would get it to run for about 5min up and down the driveway and then when u stop the engine would shut off.

300ex07
02-11-2007, 10:31 AM
If you want it to be reliable stay away from the 2.5 i'm not sure about the 3.3 never had one. The 2.5 doesnt last and wont hold a tune. If you want reliable try to find a leftover rustler or nitro sport with the .15 pro they are reliable and with a little work they will stay with the 2.5.

416exfreak
02-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I just mght sell my T-Maxx and get an electric buggy....i really like the Team Losi Mini-T...if anyone has one of those and can tell me anything about the speed, handling...aftermarket for them...id appreciate it!:)

michael250
02-11-2007, 10:39 AM
well i was thinking of the regular t-maxx. i dont want to get to pricey.i just want sumthing to have fun with but dependable.

czrider263
02-11-2007, 10:45 AM
i have a t max if anyone wants it.

406Z26
02-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I just sold a T-Maxx 2.5 and it was a good nitro truck.

The only problem I ever had is the stupid EZ Start one way bearing kept seizing up. So I bought an O.S. .18 CV-R pull start and never had a problem after that.

For thoes who cant keep them running your A/F is too lean. Richen it up to keep the temp down.

416exfreak
02-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, mine will run great sometimes...but then out of nowhere it will just shut off and e a ***** to crank again...idk...it annoys the **** out of me sometimes....i think i might see if i can start it up soon...

416exfreak
02-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Does anyone recommend a tuning settup?...Im right about sea level and its sunny. ABout 71-72 outside right now....and not very humid at all!...if anyone can offer me any tips i would love it.

BTW, i have a TMAXX 2.5. Not the 2.5R....just the regular 2.5...:)

Kickstarts-suck
02-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Ive had a T-maxx and E-maxx

Great trucks and if i broke something on the T-maxx i could take the parts off the e-maxx and put it right on the T-maxx.

I ended up selling the t-maxx because Fuel was expensive and i live a good way away from the store.

I sold my e-maxx so i could get parts for my 250x

I dont have any pics of them because they were on my old computer that craped out :(

TRX400EX02
02-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I have a Traxxas Nitro Sport. It has been a pretty good beginner truck. If you are looking to do any sort of accessory/performance modifications, I would strongly recamend the T-Maxx because there is so much available for it. There isn't very much for the Nitro Sport. As far as reliablity, the Nitro Sport worked flawlessly for me except that the .15 engine can be cranky sometimes. I have trouble starting it everytime. Its problably due to my lack of r/c car skills though.

CDCHONDAS
02-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I have a tmaxx that I want to sell if someone is interested

zack221
02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Get the nitro sport it will be more reliable an plus you can afford it new and not have someone elses used motor that they might not of knew how to tune.My cousin has a tmaxx 3.3 and he has only put 5 tanks threw because it tears up everytime he drives it.Here is how to tune them and i will post a pic of the needles some carbs only have one needle but most has 2 needle i am posting one with two needles.

lsn-ccw richens and cw leans
hsn-cw leans and ccw richens
idle-cw opens and ccw closes

Set air gap of throttle 1.5 mm,(idle screw), HSN Cw til it bottoms out then 3 1/2 turn CCW. LSN Flush with the throttle housing + 1 turn cw. Try to start, will be runnin really rich, if it starts. Turn down idle speed, then adjust HSN cw til you have good acceleration to idle. if your idle speed rises, turn it down. May have to do a couple times. Last adjustment LSN, turn cw slowly til idle speed starts to rise. when it rises you're running lean, turn it CCW till idle speed just drops. Blip the throttle you should be acceleration ok with some smoke coming from the muffler.Lean the HSN 1/8 turn CW till your satisfied.