PDA

View Full Version : K&K ATV 2007 Race Team Press Release

shawn
02-11-2007, 09:40 AM
For 2007 K&K ATV will be chasing points in the WPSA Powersport Series. The team will consist of Pro-Am rider, Jake Hakala from New Hampshire and A class rider, Matt Porter from Boooneville, NY.

The team will be pitting out of K&K ATV's new Renegade Hauler seen below.

Both riders are up & coming in the ATV racing scene. Jake Hakala spends the winter training in Florida. He is good friends with, grew up riding and training with pro rider, Joe Haavisto, also from New Hampshire. Matt Porter has been trained under the watchful eye of his father Dave Porter. Dave has been racing since the three wheeler days. Over the years Dave has captured over seven national titles of his own. Following in his dad’s foot steps Matt won the Open C Championship in 2005 and three NY State championships in 2006.

Dave Porter will be hanging riding up on the National scene to be the mechanic for Jake Hakala at the WPSA events and train his son Matt. “I am very excited to have this opportunity for myself and my son. Working with Jake is something I am really looking forward to. We have been training really hard and cannot wait for the season to begin", said Dave about K&K's new team.

Jake and Matt will have some big shoes to fill following a long list of past K&K ATV riders, all of which have moved on to factory professional riders:
Josh Creamer (Kawasaki)
Pat Brown (Yamaha)
Joe Haavisto (Suzuki)
Keith Little (Honda)
Jason Luburgh (Kawasaki)
Doug Gust (Suzuki)
Travis Spader (Yamaha)

“The decision to go from a Pro team to a Pro-Am team was not an easy one for us. These two riders work really hard and are very talented kids. They come from great families that fully support them and they have been long time customers of K&K ATV. Jake and his family have been customers since he started riding, Dave Porter has been a customer since we met in 1999 at the nationals. So when we decided to go with a Pro-Am team our rider choices were very easy. I have two very loyal customers that are also very talented and dedicated. It is a win/win situation for the riders and for us as a company”, said Shawn Kirby, owner of K&K ATV.

All of the sponsors for the 2007 are not finalized as of yet but sponsors that are on board so far include: Maxxis, Douglas Wheel Technology, Fox Racing, Tag, ASV, K&N, Lonestar Racing, Curtis Sparks and Gibson.