PDA

View Full Version : cams

mbjtlr
02-11-2007, 08:05 AM
I had someone tell me that you could put a Hot Cams exhaust cam in, then replace the intake with the OEM ex. They said this will give more low to midrange power instead of mid to high like replacing both intake and exhaust with aftermarket. Is this correct?

indyZrider
02-11-2007, 08:42 AM
i think you might have it backwards. you can put a hotcam intake in but leave the stock exhaust cam alone and you get low-mid range power. if you put a hotcam exhaust cam in youll need a full pipe and youll get more mid-top.

rockman
02-18-2007, 12:03 PM
No indy i think you misunderstood what he was saying. Correct me if i'm wrong mbjtl but is this what you were saying:

Take out the stock intake and use the stock exhaust cam as an intake cam? Then put a hotcam exhaust cam in for the exhaust? I haven't heard of this but it sounds like you would have MAJOR problems if you tried to do this. The exhaust has completely different lobe characteristics. I just don't see how it would work myself.

HOWEVER.. Like indy said, you could go with a hotcam intake and keep the stock exhaust and get more low to mid power. BUT for the price of 1 by itself you might as well buy the set.