02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Here they are - my '06 TRX.

Mods are:
14.5:1 BW 99mm piston
Ported
HotCam 2
HRC header
WB E2 exhaust

The red and blue lines are from the 450, HC2 and WB/E2 only build for comparison.

250r4life
02-10-2007, 10:38 PM
what dyno did you take it to?

you going to glamis this weekend?

sandmanblue
02-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
what dyno did you take it to?

you going to glamis this weekend?

This was done at KMS Performance in Phoenix. There should be a few things explained about these numbers too. The earlier run was done with STD correction and this one was with SAE correction, so the gains shown are less. The STD correction (which most ppl use) will show about 1.0 - 1.5 hp higher than the SAE corrections. So, you have to really add another 1.0 - 1.5 hp to the top lines to get a pictire of what this motor is really putting out. Also, we ran short on time and didn't have a 172 main to run a last test that would have added about 0.3 hp to the runs.

In reality, as it will be configured to run in Glamis, this motor is putting out close to 55 hp and 36 lbs-ft of torque.

It's enough to pull a solid 4th gear up Olds Hill - which on this quad is about 55+ mph... And this is a full weight quad with my 250 lb arse sitting on it.....

For comparison - in order to run 55 mph on a stock geared 86 250R, you'd be in 5th gear up that same hill...

Next trip for me is wknd of Mar 3rd.

sandmanblue
02-12-2007, 09:21 AM
UPDATE *********************

I had KMS replot the data in STD....

Low and behold, the number went up!

Best runs are actually 54.24 HP and 35.26 TQ for the largest endcap on Oxy fuel.

The one run I didn't have before got a replot - I will share this tonight - This is the 2nd largest endcap running C12 fuel and it ran 54.02 HP and 35.36 TQ and was a tad rich

Between the STD correction, oxy fuel, smaller endcap, and rejet to 172 main from 175, I really believe this is hitting 55 HP.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Here is the STD correction runs

sandmanblue
02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
STD correction runs.....

chad502ex
02-15-2007, 07:31 AM
it takes a 14.25:1 477 to get this?

Why not indicate who ported your machine? You trying to hide that?

sandmanblue
02-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Yep, it took a whole whopping extra 29cc's to get the HC2, stock intake and E2 slip-on to make 54+ with a recreational port job that was a bargain for what it gave me. It doesn't matter who did it - so why bring it up? So you can slam that person here? Sorry Chode.

Yep, that 29cc's sure is giving me all that power. :rolleyes:

You on the other hand have to resort to major porting, destructive Web 208 cams and all sort of custom crap to barely make 54. There's nothing left for you, because you can't do much more than you have... because you don't know how...

You can slam all you want. when the smoke (from your exploding engine) clears, I will have reached an easy 60+ and you will be cleaning the floor of your shop that was littered with the parts that flew out of another one of your motors that couldn't hold together.

You said in another thread - and I quote "you will never go past 55 hp"....

Oh, this will be fun. I not only get to see you eat crow, I will post it all over the place in the process - why? Because you convinced me that you were a nice guy - and I fell for it, then you came at me personally in order to build your own ego. I felt sorry for you at first, but I had you pegged all along.

Chode - you are a fraud.

Watch your company interest die out after people find out the boy behind the mask.....

chad502ex
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by sandmanblue
Chode - you are a fraud.

Watch your company interest die out after people find out the boy behind the mask.....

Don't get mad at me cause you attack ppl that don't agree with you Chucky. You build is IMO weak being a 477. If that bothers you-then so be it... Your mad at me cause this is true to you deep down, and I'm not the only one saying this either... many across the net thinks this too, your just too close minded to listen that you were robbed being its a 477..

you aught to be careful about your public slandering of my business, chucky.. your posting can easily become evidence when you direct specifically slanders.... my point is you better be prepared to 'prove' what your claiming... just because your hidding behind a keyboard does'nt mean your childlike name-calling behavior can't be identified...

bigblock10
02-16-2007, 02:17 PM
I dont see anything worng with chucks 477, it makes good power for what he as done, and will LAST!!! i think your beef is with the builder, but i guess grate motors that STAY togeater week after week is a bad thing???:rolleyes:

81 clark racing
02-16-2007, 02:24 PM
how old are we seriously.

chad502ex
02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by bigblock10
I dont see anything worng with chucks 477, it makes good power for what he as done, and will LAST!!! i think your beef is with the builder, but i guess grate motors that STAY togeater week after week is a bad thing???:rolleyes:

not at all... chucky is upset at me cause i didn't present myself well to him behind the keyboard,.... sure i don't like his builder either, so he uses that as an excuse to be overly sensitive to my comments...

here's my point,.... 54hp is good when you say just 54hp,...

but say 54hp with 35tq on 477 Big bore and maybe you may see that it's missing a few... a bit weak.

So, using this to his advantage, he gathers the masses as though he probally needs backing, backlashes by slandering my business/name-calling, beats down ATVRIDERS on another forum, and so-on and so-on...

Personally, I've had years of beatings,... I could care less,.... but when I post something in public, you better know I expect responses,... many are good and some are bad,.... my response to Chucky was that i thought his big bore was down a bit to others... again just my opinion cause it is...

sandmanblue
02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
not at all... chucky is upset at me cause i didn't present myself well to him behind the keyboard,.... sure i don't like his builder either, so he uses that as an excuse to be overly sensitive to my comments...

here's my point,.... 54hp is good when you say just 54hp,...

but say 54hp with 35tq on 477 Big bore and maybe you may see that it's missing a few... a bit weak.

So, using this to his advantage, he gathers the masses as though he probally needs backing, backlashes by slandering my business/name-calling, beats down ATVRIDERS on another forum, and so-on and so-on...

Personally, I've had years of beatings,... I could care less,.... but when I post something in public, you better know I expect responses,... many are good and some are bad,.... my response to Chucky was that i thought his big bore was down a bit to others... again just my opinion cause it is...

Actually, that's not it at all there Chode. You decided that it was okay to come after my educational background (slandering my name) and go to a personal level in order to somehow discredit the information I was posting. Why? So you could sway people toward you, your company....

You have such a deep seeded hatred toward the guy that ported my head, you decided to come after me, because I was showing evidence that was contrary to the assertions made about this person.

YOU brought it here bucko - and as far as slanderous remarks - good luck with that.

Fraud - definition....
1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

Deceit - telling me about the CRF rocker making 1 hp more. Telling me that I can't make over 55 hp (after modding it further).

Breach of confidence - after the PM's we exchanged - you apparently decided that it was okay for personal attacks on me, after I agreed to give you the benefit of the doubt on that very same CRF rocker and to not mention you in the future.

Perpetrated for profit - you stand to gain customers by slamming me and the work of the guy that ported my head.

If the shoe fits.....

I haven't said anything untrue - therefore, it is not slanderous.

Maybe you should think about how far you want to dig this hole for yourself before you go any further....

You could end this right now by apologizing for bringing this to a personal level. I will remove all my posts and stay out of your way and not mention you or DRG in the future IF you agree to stay out of my way, not reply to my posts and not mention me in any way in your postings.

Balls in your court.

czrider263
02-16-2007, 03:16 PM
If you think 54 is good on a 477 here is my DRG 06 450r doing 54 too buddy.

sandmanblue
02-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Good job - you're making less power with a much more aggressive cam, much better pipe, different ignition with a custom curve, bigger carb, but with 29cc's less than mine....

So everyone knows - here is your build data....

Honda crank with Falicon Blueprinting and Knife rod
Baldwin 14:1 piston
DRG porting
DASA Ti intake DLC 36mm valves
stock exhaust valves
Web 208, KW springs and OS buckets
Rossier exhaust
43mm DRG taper bore carb with DASA center-ring
Dynatek ignition with DRG curves
stock intake boot/box with DRG air filter

Gee, I wonder how much I can gain going to that same pipe? Maybe an easy 2 hp? Bigger carb and different intake = +1-2 hp, bigger cam = 2 hp more......

Of course it's going to be all about the 29cc's I have on you.....

Even if the hp made by the 29cc's equals the 6% displacement that it adds, that's a whopping 3.1 hp.

So, add that to yours and you get 57 something. I add the pipe, carb, cam, intake and I'm way ahead... 60+

Have fun with that.

kgbg
02-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Look at power levels at 6, 7, and 8 grand.
Great build Chuck!!!

chad502ex
02-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Good job - you're making less power with a much more aggressive cam, much better pipe, different ignition with a custom curve, bigger carb, but with 29cc's less than mine....

So everyone knows - here is your build data....

Honda crank with Falicon Blueprinting and Knife rod
Baldwin 14:1 piston
DRG porting
DASA Ti intake DLC 36mm valves
stock exhaust valves
Web 208, KW springs and OS buckets
Rossier exhaust
43mm DRG taper bore carb with DASA center-ring
Dynatek ignition with DRG curves
stock intake boot/box with DRG air filter

Gee, I wonder how much I can gain going to that same pipe? Maybe an easy 2 hp? Bigger carb and different intake = +1-2 hp, bigger cam = 2 hp more......

Of course it's going to be all about the 29cc's I have on you.....

Even if the hp made by the 29cc's equals the 6% displacement that it adds, that's a whopping 3.1 hp.

So, add that to yours and you get 57 something. I add the pipe, carb, cam, intake and I'm way ahead... 60+

Have fun with that.

chuck, you need to relax..

your looking pretty pathetic assuming 60hp- that's what your doing by adding up gains,..... the thing is,... your missing the biggest ingredient you havn't even mentioned,.... and without it you'll never get past what mixxer did... it a shame you still not receptive to listening... i suppose it'll be more money you'll lose trying... Don't assume like you understand what my business needs, I don't recruit business ... right now I have builds coming out my ears and all of them get exactly what is promised- never a deceit as any of my customers would say,... your definition of slandering don't mean shiznit to a lawyer if you can't prove it,... This is the last time I'm going to say it this clear,... you need to be able to prove it in a court of law,..so you aught to mind yourself cause if your intent is to cause damage with false representation you'll have to repay loss of revenue.... catch my drift chucky?

kgbg
02-16-2007, 05:05 PM
If two engines produce the same power, the engine that does it first will win.
(or cheaper)

chad502ex
02-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by kgbg
If two engines produce the same power, the engine that does it first will win.
(or cheaper)

You must be jumping in just to start trouble Kam,..

Kinda thought you had been keeping your mouth tight to maintain professionalism, but you buying others to port and build your engines for you is testimate... :rolleyes:

I should have known you and chucky would retreat on org like little clucks like you have some clue when you don't,....

comparing a 450R to a 477ER? that's kinda funny... I don't think you want to really go here Kam and your builder LOL!!!!

02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
i think 54 hp out of a 477 is weak too but thats just me

sandmanblue
02-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex

comparing a 450R to a 477ER? that's kinda funny...

Then why did you do it?

Why couldn't you simply let my posts sit on their own? They were just about total gains and a way to show increases - total increases with porting from the samy guy that you maintain doesn't know jack. Why did you have to start with the personal crap toward me? Why slam my build and start with the "you can't make over 55 hp" crap?

I know why... Because you can't produce the numbers yourself and need to slam everyone in order to bring them down to your level...

You are truly pathetic Chode.

chad502ex
02-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Then why did you do it?

Why couldn't you simply let my posts sit on their own? They were just about total gains and a way to show increases - total increases with porting from the samy guy that you maintain doesn't know jack. Why did you have to start with the personal crap toward me? Why slam my build and start with the "you can't make over 55 hp" crap?

I know why... Because you can't produce the numbers yourself and need to slam everyone in order to bring them down to your level...

You are truly pathetic Chode.

you keep running your mouth, name calling, and continuing to show what an idiot you really are chucky cheese boy. Instead of listening for once, you continue to blab as if can add up power....

here's another comparison for you

stock bore
stock valves
13:1
hrc cam

now, if you compare RPM for RPM as your gathered masses like to do, my 450R build runs your 477ER build power for power with less displacement and less money, plus: my stock bore beats up your tq too...

do you want to contiue chucky cheese boy? there are plenty of other builds I could example too,.. want me to?

you've made your bed, now you need to lay in it

sandmanblue
02-17-2007, 01:57 PM
You still don't want to answer the questions.....

This whole topic has turned into you trying to show that you have a bigger dik.

A summary for those that read this whole stupid topic, now that Chode has turned it into a "who's got a booger dik" contest...

Chad gave me bad advice.

I followed it without checking into it first.

I bought an item.

I then checked into his claims.

I found out that he was full of crap.

I was irritated that he would do this.

I made a few remarks about him being the one to advise me to do a worthless mod. No name calling. Just simply things like - yeah, this is the guy that told me about the CRF rocker and the 1 hp it is worth... which BTW - isn't true.

He PM'd me and asked why I was making the remarks, then passed the buck on to another builder - as if he had nothing to do with the info and was just repeating it.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and corrected the remarks.

I then posted in a completely different thread that had a subject of slamming the guy that did my porting.

All I did was say - "my porting preforms pretty well" and asked the people slamming this guy how they could do so when they haven't even produced any better results.

The next thing I see is Chode coming after me and my build, slamming it, discrediting my educational background, making personal comments toward me. A worthwhile note was that NO OTHER BUILDER was childish enough ot stupid enough to bother posting in this thread.... To their credit I might add.

All this was after I hadn't even mentioned his name..... just pointed out that the people making the comments were just being like the guy that they hate - disrespectful, mean, vindictive...

Now, he's trying to save face by babbling on and on about his whopping 54 hp stock bore accomplishments - and he has to post dyno runs with ridiculous mods with abusive camshafts in order to show that he can MATCH a budget build up that I did.

What he is trying to prove??? I have no idea.....

What he has shown - that he is somebody that I woud personally never, ever buy a product from due to his unwillingness to even acknowledge that, maybe, possibly, he isn't the greatest builder in the world and that the guy that ported my head can do just as good a job if not better.

That's the whole story. Chode you are arrogant, vindictive, and a total jerk.....

Flame on Chode. and you might as well post another run - maybe you can hit 54.5 with the next build... :rolleyes:

And no - I'm not going to take you up on the offer to go to bed with you... I'm not your type - I'm not inflatable.....

chad502ex
02-17-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL, O my Gawd,.. you are flat out lying,.... I told you the truth about the crf rocker mod not working,... as a matter of fact!!!!! go on the org where you frequent and search my posting about the rocker,...verify my public post about the mod... I told everyone it wasn't worth it publically, and also posted and told you in PM that it bent- you dont see the rocker in my engine- do you?,... yet your still such an idiot you couldn't wait to try it,... I bet you havn't even verified that yours didn't change your lash,... it has to do with rocker ratio

And again, the crf cam mod, as I mentioned on org,. was not even my mod,... it was Rossiers modification for 1hp, ...so now your calling Rossier out, but you still run the rocker in your engine,... so what's your point cheese boy?

You aught to take your degree back because you really missed the grade, or simply paid for grade and bought your stamp.

And why I keep coming back to you is because of your history in PM with me, your two-faced posture behind the pits and in the lounge on the other forum, and when you splatted your dyno around every forum as to say your builder is making great power when its below par.... Everyone may be nice, but me, I don't like our history so I tell it like it is..

You've got to be the biggest loser ever met, and the more you type the more it verifies your intelligence... please stop,.. you are the biggest blob wastoid clucking chick i know of... mess with the bull get the horns cheese boy.

czrider263
02-17-2007, 04:20 PM
That's the whole story. Chode you are arrogant, vindictive, and a total jerk.....

I don't think that you could be more wrong. Hes prob the nicest Motor builders and all around nice guy that i have ever ment. You should just back off.

You should just forget about the stupid CRF rocker. He was trying to help you with a mod that might work. Everyone is looking for that edge and sometimes what you try doesn't work. Its all part of the game some times you win sometimes you lose. And you just have to take the good and the bad and live with it. You shouldn't get mad at someone who is trying to help you out with a mod.

xsr_racing28c
02-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Sandman:
This is probably a wasted post, but for all of the guys that don't frequently visit the org. they wouldn't know all of the bashing that goes on behind doors about atvriders and all of its members including Chad. (One reason I withdrew myself from that site)

Anyways, I think it is hilarious how you come back at Chad and try to degrade his business when you don't even know anything about it, but only go off of what you hear from the boys on the org., which obviously are biased opinions about Chad because Mixxer and him dont get along.

For you to also get that KBR guy over here to stick up for you is funny, and it just goes to show how its only a war between sites. I've never seen him on the site, but as soon as Chad brings the issue of bashing from you all, there he is showing up to voice his biased opinion and give his cheap shots.

DRG is a great company all around and throughout my entire build, i've never felt betrayed by Chad, but I've learned more than I ever had being that Chad is soo willing to help out and be sure that I'm totally satisfied with what is going on, which many people in this busniess could care less about.

Chad isn't out to screw anyone over, but is there offering to give his advice and if you want to take them you can, and if you don't want to you don't have to, and thats what you should have thought about when you decided to take his thoughts about the "crf rocker" (i know nothing about it)...

Not that it matters at all, but I think it is much more impressive that Chad is hitting those numbers on stock bore vs. your overbored machine.

~Jay

xsr_racing28c
02-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Double post.. deleted

czrider263
02-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
Sandman:
This is probably a wasted post, but for all of the guys that don't frequently visit the org. they wouldn't know all of the bashing that goes on behind doors about atvriders and all of its members including Chad. (One reason I withdrew myself from that site)

Anyways, I think it is hilarious how you come back at Chad and try to degrade his business when you don't even know anything about it, but only go off of what you hear from the boys on the org., which obviously are biased opinions about Chad because Mixxer and him dont get along.

For you to also get that KBR guy over here to stick up for you is funny, and it just goes to show how its only a war between sites. I've never seen him on the site, but as soon as Chad brings the issue of bashing from you all, there he is showing up to voice his biased opinion and give his cheap shots.

DRG is a great company all around and throughout my entire build, i've never felt betrayed by Chad, but I've learned more than I ever had being that Chad is soo willing to help out and be sure that I'm totally satisfied with what is going on, which many people in this busniess could care less about.

Chad isn't out to screw anyone over, but is there offering to give his advice and if you want to take them you can, and if you don't want to you don't have to, and thats what you should have thought about when you decided to take his thoughts about the "crf rocker" (i know nothing about it)...

Not that it matters at all, but I think it is much more impressive that Chad is hitting those numbers on stock bore vs. your overbored machine.

~Jay

Jay i couldn't agree more!!! Chad calls me all the time keeping me up with the build. I don't know any other motor builder that would spend hours on the phone explaining how your build is progressing or telling you his furture plans. IMO there is not a better motor builder than him. As jay said he is not out to screw anyone. In fact he is out there to help people. He is prob the only motor builder out there who will give you the best he has got. If he made 60hp he would sell you a 60hp bike. IDK any other motor builder who will give you there "pro" motors.

sandmanblue
02-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Well - if he is such a great guy than why can't he explain why after I gave him the benefit of the doubt on that rocker - he had to start attacking me personally - for absolutely no reason.... Still no answer why that was done....??????

And there he goes with my background again above.... Cheap shots. Funny thing is - I don't give a rats arse what you say Chode. It is all meaningless babble at this point. You're just sidetracking the discussion in order to avoid facing the reality of your own behavior.

Oh, and now you BENT a rocker??? Oh, I see... You give out advice and portray the advice as good, then blindly follow your own advice, find out it is bad advice and instead of making it public knowledge - you hide it in PM's?? How many other things have you found out to be bad advice you gave other people???? Is this a recurring event with you? Note to self - Chode doesn't like to tell people when his advice turns out to be crappy....

In the end - to those reading this - look at how this guy behaves... Can't answer a question, refuses to acknowledge results from other people - personally attacks people on the internet because they won't smoke his pole.... hides things that would make him look bad...

It's pathetic - truly pathetic.

Have a nice life Chodelick. I have nothing to say to you anymore.

I might sound like an arse in all of this, but NONE of what I have said is false... Have fun with that.

chad502ex
02-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Oh, and now you BENT a rocker??? Oh, I see... You give out advice and portray the advice as good, then blindly follow your own advice, find out it is bad advice and instead of making it public knowledge - you hide it in PM's??

I might sound like an arse in all of this, but NONE of what I have said is false... Have fun with that.

Good GAWD, Chucky-Cheese boy- Shut up! you are such an idiot!

for the hundredth time, search on org, I posted the CRF rocker bent info and PM the info to you last year... You've got to be an real idiot cause anyone can go over there and read my post from last year about the rocker... yet, you keep bring it up as your excuse to why your power is below average for a big bore... get over it!

What is testimate to all the readers is that you shouldn't continue to ramble on over and over!!! Quit yapping, get on the treadmill, and maybe you'll be a bit faster from your slow big bore if you just keep that big mouth shut... I know its hard for you being that for years you've done nothing but opening your mouth for input, but for once, keep your mouth shut- use your ears for once....

Unless your a mute, there is good reason why God gave you two ears, and one mouth....

sandmanblue
02-19-2007, 07:26 AM
The above is a complete LIE.

This idiot was banned from the ORG. The only PM's to me on the org were about how he said that rocker was worth 1 hp - which it isn't.

Chode is a liar!

No need to go any farther here. I have asked the mods to close this thread now that Chode has completely ruined it............

chad502ex
02-19-2007, 08:22 AM
No need to go any farther here. I have asked the mods to close this thread now that Chode has completely ruined it............

Chucky-Cheese boy, you really should grow out of your panties... be a man,.. admit that you were pre-informed that the rocker bent for me and showed no gains, and I posted on org it which everyone can search, and how you bash ATVRIDERS on other forums, and how your big bore is down on power,...

then, we all could move on and you would have gained experience with you being caught lying, caught slandering, caught bashing atvrider... you are as two-faced as it gets.. Your absolutely correct I turn real fast on ppl like you...