PDA

View Full Version : Bent Axle..

bpimpdaddy21
09-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Well, I finally crashed my EX. Hydroplaned on a puddle, smashed into a big rock, and bent my rear axle. My question is is what type of axle should I get? All i do is woods riding and recreational riding, and I don't have a huge amount of money to spend on the axle. I was thinking of getting the DuraBlue heavy duty axle, as I had one on my LT250R, and it had no problems. I want to spend no more than $300, so let me know what you all think. Thanks in advance.

Ben
09-29-2002, 05:51 PM
Well for under $300 you are going to have to go Durablue. For a little more you can find a nice LSR 2+2 axle.

bpimpdaddy21
09-29-2002, 05:55 PM
that is the thing, I am not worried about getting something wider, I just want something that is going to be just as good, if not better than stock, thats all, i am not looking for some racing axle, and just wondering if the durablue will be ok, it worked good on my LT, so I would assume it would be good

Ben
09-29-2002, 06:00 PM
A lot of people on here race and they want the LSR for the extra strength protection it offers over the Durablue. In fact for my new Raptor, which probably won't raced, I bought a LSR axle. But honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to put a Durablue on a quad that wasn't going to see heavy, very abusive action. Thats just my 2 cents - and people are going to call Durablue junk but for normal use I think it is a fine option. For my money though I like the LSR. You will be happy with whichever you choose. Let us know which way you go. :)