PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Plastics Clean

ShiftFMX
02-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Post up your methods to keeping your plastics good! I know theres all kind of Armor-All like stuff that is more of a temporary fix...then a dirt MAGNET!

400exridin121
02-10-2007, 07:26 PM
interior cleaning/detaling or whatever for cars works makes plastics shine like new

m.h.s.c.#527
02-10-2007, 07:51 PM
he just said he didnt want a dust magnet cuz they r all like armor all those vinyl cleaners are

Mxjunkie
02-12-2007, 06:19 AM
There's no way to really keep them from being a dust magnet, when ever you rub agaisnt them when your riding your creating friction and that inreturn makes a static charge in a way and the dust kinda sticks to it no matter what :p Best shine you can get out of plastics will be Black Magic tire wet but it loves dust :blah:

I use simple green and scrub them with a rag or a soft brush if needed, dry and I just put a coat of mothers pure carnauba and buff away, it leaves a shine and a protective layer that will help reduce fading and inreturn make's it a little easyier when it comes time to clean it again!

Also another good thing is Pledge wood polish, it actually has a wax in it that works wonders, you can spray it on everything and let it sit for a 30 seconds then buff clean, it's a cheaper version and less work then the carnauba wax.

Mothers back to black work's well, it still collect's dust but anything you put on will at one point or another..

Flitz polish, It's good stuff to get stains out where your knees or boots rub, it also can bring the shine back into plastics!

A easyier way out of those is just some wd40 just a light layer.

nicker71
02-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Trimshine the best stuff I ever used. Works on plastic, and on the frame. It gives it a clean wet look that doesnt wear off when it dries. I used it on scratched up sunbleached plastic and it makes it look new again. Very easy to use just spray on and wipe on.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-16-2007, 05:15 PM
wont wd 40 do what gas dux looks good 4 a minute but when it dries it fades it

mach1stang
02-16-2007, 07:36 PM
me pearsonally i use mothers platinum car wax then you just have to wipe it down when your done