PDA

View Full Version : Steet legalizing sport quads

465Rider
02-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Utility quad riders in my State seem to be pushing a "Street Legal" agenda down my throat, I own a modified sport quad with Holeshot tires that do not work on asphalt, pavement. They seem to be campaigning for laws with this "better than thou attitude of theirs" to get all the riding areas everywhere in the State to be street legalized. Their running a campaign against sport quad riders as being ill responsible and trouble makers, trying to get laws changed in their favor against us, anybody else having problems like this in your state.

In essence they're trying to get all OHV to be street legal with street legal tags and liability insurance, and have to go through emissions just like a car to ride on dirt roads and trails anywhere in the state

Project300EX
02-10-2007, 12:51 PM
That sucks. Sounds like they have their head up their asses. I've only owned a utility, but hope to have my sport project done soon.

joshyz125
02-14-2007, 02:04 AM
It's the Idiots out there that are making them complain

Example, we go to this place in Southern kentucky, The town is a fairly poor area of the state, But the people are SUPER nice, Gave us anything we needed, and helped us in any way they can,
They have a City ordinance that allows quads to be ridden on the street, Just need to follow regular traffic laws, no reckless driving, go at a decent speed, things like that.
They have a 7,000 acre park that's mapped out, with 30,000 acres around the mapped park we were allowed to ride on too.
camping is free, free water and electrical hook up, port-a-johns, and they even had wood for our camp fires.
AWESOME place to go.
But you get these idiots that FLY down the roads with little kids, and riding on the back tires through down town.

And it's Priomarily the sport quads, which is what i ride, but these idiots are ruining it for the rest of us

Rant over