PDA

View Full Version : Bent axle..

bpimpdaddy21
09-29-2002, 05:02 PM
Well, I finally crashed my EX. Hydroplaned on a puddle, smashed into a big rock, and bent my rear axle. My question is is what type of axle should I get? All i do is woods riding and recreational riding, and I don't have a huge amount of money to spend on the axle. I was thinking of getting the DuraBlue heavy duty axle, as I had one on my LT250R, and it had no problems. I want to spend no more than $300, so let me know what you all think. Thanks in advance.

Sparks425Ex
09-29-2002, 05:22 PM
Well dude. There is a forum for this. It is Called Steering and Suspension. You are in Powertrain. You you post in that forum then you will get more responses. But here ya go:

You will prolly end up spending a little bite more than 300 fi you want to get an axle. Personally i would get LSR or RPM. You can get LSR for cheaper. I have an LSr and i love it. i have landed weird a few tiems and the axle has held up. I have heard many good things abotu Rpm as well. Don't what ever you do get
Dura Break.

OutlawEX
09-29-2002, 07:59 PM
Well man id say go and get a LSr axle,call up Denton racing and they are $330 shipped ,cheapiest i found unless u go to ebay...In my opion durablue is junk but then again u sai du do just rec. riding so it woint matter..But i see it like this,get a Lsr and have no probelms ever again..

Troy86250r
09-29-2002, 08:40 PM
If you ride alot of woods and dont want to widen it out you could look for a used stock one, it will be alot cheaper. Otherwise go with an lsr, I just got one and am very happy with the quality.

tprender
09-29-2002, 09:48 PM
If you are just a rec rider, I would get a used stock axle. The stock axle on the 400 is very good. I have been told by some of the people that make axles that it is much stronger than most stock axles. From what you said that you did to the axle. the same would have happened to any other axle.

Cannonball08
09-30-2002, 08:26 AM
I got my bent stocker straightened at a local machine shop for $25.00