PDA

View Full Version : What tire pressure to run?

JhallettEX
07-30-2001, 07:10 PM
I will be raceing this coming weekend and just got new ITP Holeshot MX tires and was wondering what pressure to run. They are 18x11x8's. Also I will be running my stock front tires as well, what pressure should I run in them? The track is a small MX track.
Thanks

Foxrage
07-30-2001, 08:46 PM
I wouldnt run any less than 4 ponds the mx because today i was sliding around a corner and they folded and my beadlock rim caught the ground and rolled me thats the secont time thats happened to me i think i need to air up my tires also. I would say maybe 6 pounds in the rear. I am going to try that for now and if i roll it again then i will keep going up in pounds.

07-31-2001, 09:33 AM
I run 12 in the front,,but I have holeshot MX's,,,and 8 pounds in the rear,,,,,,This is what Travis Spader runs so I figured it was a good place to start,,,and so far it's worked well for me all race season..

sheaff400ex
07-31-2001, 03:39 PM
I can't help you directly, but the local quad shop by me called Lost Creek Cycles is into MX racing Kevin Mumah is the owner and he would know they run all the nationals and are always experimenting with quad setups. Give him a call at (717)463-9173 ask for Kevin. Hope this will help.