PDA

View Full Version : 330r troubles

Mxjunkie
02-10-2007, 05:55 AM
I am posting this for a good friend of mine, he races xc with his R about half way around the track the quad dies and is hard to start, once it does start it run's the rest of the 1 hour 30-45 minutes perfect, it's done this 3-4 races in a row! The jetting is spot on, floats aren't sticking, eletrical all seem's fine, all connections clean. It has a 4 or 4.5 gallon ims tank on it, we drained and checked the tank and there wasnt anything in the tank, it has a fuel filter so it shouldn't be getting anything into the carb.

What do you guy's think? anyone else have the same troubles?

C-LEIGH RACING
02-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Stock ignition ????
Could be bad connections in the wiring harness or connectors in the CDI box, the black wire with the white stripe is the main ignition wire

If it was fuel related (leaning out) more than likely it would have seized a piston by now, but, its not completely impossibly it could be the problem, depends on how rich the engine is being ran if it could be or not.
Neil

Mxjunkie
02-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Jetting seem's to be spot on. It will be running perfect then out of no where shut down around the same time every race then take awhile to start but once it does it runs perfect again..

It has a igntion out of a micro miget motor which is basically the same thing expect the micro ignitions have alota kick to them, He's ran them for year's now without any problem's.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Could just be that one though thats giving trouble out of all the many others that didnt, it can happen.
In my ol lawn mower & chain saw days, coils would do that, once it cooled off, start up with no problem.
Neil