PDA

View Full Version : dads picking up

3exrider23
02-09-2007, 08:27 PM
a new 2005 kfx700 tomorrow. anthing he should knwo about it?

dixon_cass
02-11-2007, 07:54 AM
ive heard change tie rod ends to after market stock ones will bend. ive also heard make sure to chang rearend fluid after break in when you change the oil. i just got mine brand new about 3 weeks ago. i did change the rear end fluid. it cost about 9 bucks for the bottle of oil. then they say to change it every year. all you need to tell your dad is hes gettin one heck of a good machine. i have had tons of fun on mine already and its only got 20 hours on it. the V is one of those aquired tastes i think but i love mine. they are fast to!!!! good decision man

3exrider23
02-11-2007, 02:10 PM
thanks. ya i took it otu today cause i want tpo get it broke in as soon as possible and it was a blast. there fast, i was wheeling it, and there great for trails and basicly everything.

ibthegator
02-12-2007, 05:31 AM
tie rods bending....I know a lot of people have bent their tie rods on their V's but I think they are fine.
I ride pretty hard and on very rocky terrain and have bent one in 3 years, not even bad enough to change yet.
I think the first thing is a steering dampner, get rid of the stock tires if you feel the bike darting back and forth when trail riding or shave the nobbies off the edge of the front tires.
The suspension is poor when pushed hard so if you like to ride hard and fast you may want to look at new shocks.
The bike seems to be pretty bullet proof.
Have fun and ride!

duneflyer1
02-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I bought my wife the 700 last year and she loves it. I like to ride it too. Im a big guy too (6'5, 220lbs) so its no big deal to move it. My only complaint is the shocks. They could be better, but my wife doesnt jump it like I do:D For what it is, its a GREAT quad.

Flyin' Bryan
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
The stock tie-rods were the first thing I replaced on mine, not by choice though. It seems that Kawasaki overlooked the weight factor when deciding the diameter of tie-rods. My friends have YFZ's and 450R's which weigh in at 350lbs., the 700 at 516lbs...
The diameter on their tie-rods is either equal or greater than the 700's, so be careful. Both of mine bent the same day, the second resulting in a broken arm. Carry a spare, tape it to the frame. I researched all the forum's I could find afterwards on the subject and found out I'm not the only one. That's my ONLY complaint about the V-force, otherwise I love it and have had several enjoyable rides, hopefully will continue to as well. I see several mods coming in the future!

kick
02-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 3exrider23
anthing he should knwo about it?
Yeah... HANG ON!!!!! :D

I bought a brand new 07 in January. What a wild ride this thing is. :cool:

dixon_cass
02-15-2007, 01:21 PM
hey kick u go to kawieriders.com dont yah. i recognize ur pic under ur name. i wish that site was set up like this one. i think this one is easier to use. what yah think?

kick
02-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by dixon_cass
hey kick u go to kawieriders.com dont yah. i recognize ur pic under ur name. i wish that site was set up like this one. i think this one is easier to use. what yah think?
Yep I do. You registered over there too? :D Same name?

I agree. vBulletin is way better board software.

Hey, why don't you have an avatar? I love avatars. :D Need me to resize one for you?

dixon_cass
02-15-2007, 04:37 PM
dude im so computer illiterate. i dont even know how to post pics or anything. i have some pics of me riding my 400ex on my PC but dont know how to post them. it said they are to big maybe a resize is in order. let me know what yah think

kick
02-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by dixon_cass
dude im so computer illiterate. i dont even know how to post pics or anything. i have some pics of me riding my 400ex on my PC but dont know how to post them.
You could email a couple that you like to me and I'll resize em so you can use them for avatars. :D

I'll PM my email address to you :)

dixon_cass
02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
ok i sent it i think i got it right

kick
02-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Alright, finally you have mail :D Sorry it took so long.

dixon_cass
02-16-2007, 03:19 PM
hey thanks a million man

SHARPMACHINE
02-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Hey,

Thanks, good kfx info. I have a friend looking to buy one, they look to be just what he wants. He is a big guy who wants a dune ride that can run 2-tracks and back roads.

:devil: