PDA

View Full Version : air compresser

coolex
02-09-2007, 05:50 PM
well we got a new air gompresser, its nice and power full, but my friend told me to never hold the air nossle up against ur skin and spray air because it can go in your blood stream, and it could be fatal, ive herd this before and it makes sense, but has anyone ever herd of this before,or someone actualy dying from it, is there symptoms if u did it etc.? thanks

161xchonda
02-09-2007, 06:14 PM
My dad told me that before. I think it is safe to blow it on your skin to some extent unless you have a cut on your arm or an open wound. Never heard of anyone diing and do not know the symptoms but it does make a lot of sense.

AtvMxRider
02-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes it could happen.

blasterfreak99
02-09-2007, 06:21 PM
yeah i heard that it can go into your bloodstream and travel to your heart and kill you. i've nevr heard of it happening to anyone though. my dad sprays me with it all the time just playing around.

Ralph
02-09-2007, 06:25 PM
i dont believe just spraying it around you is an issue. The issues is when there is enough pressure where the air passes through ur skin and enters the body. In that case, YES, it can kill you. I wouldnt press the nozzle tightly on my skin and hit it with 160 psi. lol.

But its nothing ive ever really been conceirned about. Use common sense.

coolex
02-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
i dont believe just spraying it around you is an issue. The issues is when there is enough pressure where the air passes through ur skin and enters the body. In that case, YES, it can kill you. I wouldnt press the nozzle tightly on my skin and hit it with 160 psi. lol.

But its nothing ive ever really been conceirned about. Use common sense.

i wasnt planning on doing it, but i herd it could kill you and wanted to know

troutman561
02-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Try using it with the nossle in your mouth...

WhiteYFZ
02-09-2007, 09:27 PM
i've dont it alot cuz i didnt know that.. so if you did it, dont worry. i wont do it anymore..

Project300EX
02-09-2007, 09:38 PM
It's got to be pressed up on your skin. Using it to blow dust off or something won't hurt you. Like Ralph said just use common sense.

Where I used to work they had a special blow gun that was built with that in mind. If it felt pressure pushing back it would shut off.

JOEX
02-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Project300EX
Where I used to work they had a special blow gun that was built with that in mind. If it felt pressure pushing back it would shut off.
That's probably not typical in the home use version though...

This stuff about blowing air through the skin into the blood stream is new to me, never heard of it:ermm:

I'm guessing the theory is air is introduced to the bloodstream which causes coagulation (i.e. blood clot) that could could potentially be transferred to the heart causing a heart attack or transferred to the brain causing a stroke.

More input please:)

miller821
02-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

This stuff about blowing air through the skin into the blood stream is new to me, never heard of it:ermm:

I'm guessing the theory is air is introduced to the bloodstream which causes coagulation (i.e. blood clot) that could could potentially be transferred to the heart causing a heart attack or transferred to the brain causing a stroke.

I'm thinking its like air in your brake system. When the airs their your not gonna have the pressure.. In which if the air is in your blood stream your not gonna get the blood pumping out of the heart.

Project300EX
02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Yeah. I was just saying that as a side note.

Ralph
02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Im guessing the air would make the blood coagulate like Joeex said which could cause a stroke or heart attack.

The skin is permeable so with no doubt i would think with enough pressure air could pass through the skin. Either way. This topis is dead. Use common sense. There is no real danger unless your asking for it.

And i know alot of you are thinking: Can i still make the farting noise by blowing the air through the tips of my fingers?? Yeah, you should be fine.

quadfamily
02-10-2007, 08:03 AM
I've heard that many times before. I have no idea whether it's true or not but it would only come into play if you held the tip of the blow gun up to your skin and did it. Not sure if this is true or "urban legend". On the other topic, the fart sounds are much better if you put the air blower in your armpit!

Which 450?
02-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I used to go to school with an OSHA inspector, yea what an *** hole, but he said that it's an OSHA violation to use air to blow dust off your body for that reason, and they recommend a blow nozzle with some sort of safety device. But it seemed to me that anything anyone does is an OSHA violation somehow, they got all sorts of crazy laws.