PDA

View Full Version : In need of a TC

slates74
09-29-2002, 03:29 PM
I'm in need of a TC exhaust for a 400ex, If anyone happens to be selling one I'd appreciate the help, however if not does anyone know where I can get one besides Tom direct, also those of you have them what are your feelings about the pipe?

eldoexrider01
09-29-2002, 06:35 PM
most people around here arnt gonna be sellin those pipes and since its a engine builders pipe u prolly gonna hafta get it from him.. but try the classifieds forum

Dave400ex
09-29-2002, 08:26 PM
Only place I know of besides TC, is Rocky Ridge Racing.

ChadEXer
09-30-2002, 08:45 AM
How come you dont want to buy it directly from him??

ChadEXer
09-30-2002, 08:46 AM
Warriorman,
Tom is back from vacation today and said he will finish my motor up this week,,,I sure hope so,,,Ive already made plans to go to Little Sahara in a few weeks!!

Dave400ex
09-30-2002, 03:19 PM
Man I sure hope so.

ChadEXer
09-30-2002, 05:28 PM
Goddernit, talked to him again a minute ago, he said there is a national he has to be at this week and he has it on his planner to start Mon and he will be done by Wed is what he said. If he ships it Wed I will probably get it Mon and i leave Thur for Little Sahara,,,that sure is cutting it close......I hope I have everything I need!!
I asked him about breaking it in,,,he said fire it up and let it warm up for 15-20 seconds then jump on it and haul *****! He recomends non synthetic 20w-50 oil.. He said dont give it full throttle for 15-20 minutes but after that have at it!!!
He said there is no doubt that i will be the fastest 400EX out there unless I run across an extensively modifed bike by him or Sparks!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh I cant wait!!!!!!

Ex_Rider43
09-30-2002, 06:13 PM
chad you will have to post a review on your bike a soon as possible !!!tell us if it haul *** like he said!!

Dave400ex
09-30-2002, 06:59 PM
Hopefully he gets that to you in time.

I am running Maxima 20w-50 Oil. I have been since he told me too. Seems to be working great. Now I just need a Piston and Cam.......... :D

Show those Boys at Sahara what TC is all about. Oh and how good that Pipe sounds. :blah

ChadEXer
10-01-2002, 08:25 AM
Yeah Tom said he doesnt necesarily(sp) think any oil is better than the other, he said Honda oil or anything as long as its non synthetic and 20w50!! I cant wait to go there,,,and RIDE!!!!
Warriorman, Im gonna send you a PM about what else Tom said!!

Extremeracer167
10-01-2002, 10:28 AM
Do u think that 505 would be too much for the woods. My old man jsut got a 400 and wanted me to check with ppl to see what they think about that kit. he weighs about 250, so he does need a little extra power over everyone else to keep up.

Tom to me to run Non synthetic, but i run the new klotz MX4 and i havent had any problems. When i talked to tom, he recomended the non-synthetic for clutches, but in my opinion ill stick with synthetic. Did u need and tranny work with this stroker kit?? ANd what carb did he recomend for it?? Thanks

oynot400
10-01-2002, 10:32 AM
Why not wait until Nov to go, that way I can see this bad boy and run it againt my 463. :devil

Dave400ex
10-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Sure TC could build you a 505 for the Woods.

ChadEXer
10-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Oynot, you think that FDO 463 will hang with a dragged out TC 505 on alcohol and lord knows maybe even NOS by then????:D

Extreme, he is sending me a 38mm Lectron carb for gas, i will be getting a 41mm FCR for alky as soon as its broke in!! As far as oil and stuff Im just gonna use what he says!! I dont think a 505 is too much for anything,,,but this is me were talking about here!!
Tom says he will have my motor to me by Fri 11th for sure!!! Ill be at the dunes that weekend and get a few pics and let everyone know what i think about it!!!

Extremeracer167
10-01-2002, 03:29 PM
Alright sounds good, thanks. So your running alchohol in it!? Man thats gotta get expensive. But i guess i pay 5 a gallon for my race gas, so i guess its prob. close to the same. Have fun

Dave400ex
10-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Chad I just want to say, YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL.

bmf400ex
10-01-2002, 03:47 PM
just responding to extremeracer 167 on your oil comment

running full synthetic MOTORCYCLE oil will NOT hurt your clutch and is the best thing for your quad. I love Klotz and i use their 20w/50 fully syn techniplate in my 400ex, go kart, and in my GSXR. Not to knock him but if TOM is such a good engine builder he should know that motorcycle specific syns won't damage a clutch. I think he is referring to some of the older CAR syns that first came out, they can and HAVE smoked a brand new clutch in one of my older streetbikes and a warrior i had.

Extremeracer167
10-01-2002, 03:53 PM
NO NO NO misunderstanding, he just recommends non-synthetic, i dont know why, but i dont know if he feels its better on the clutches or not. He told me that with non-synthetic u will get longer clutch life that with synthetic. I love toms stuff, and i run the synthetic and have not had any clutch problems. But thats just what he recommends. Maybe hes just had better luck??? Of course the new MX4 from klotz...im not sure if its synthetic or Non?? But i like it, they clame it can help lower oil temp!! Ive been running it for the past......4 rounds of the GNCC, and not once have i had clutch slippage or fade! So in my books its some GOOD stuff!

bmf400ex
10-01-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
NO NO NO misunderstanding, he just recommends non-synthetic, i dont know why, but i dont know if he feels its better on the clutches or not. He told me that with non-synthetic u will get longer clutch life that with synthetic. I love toms stuff, and i run the synthetic and have not had any clutch problems. But thats just what he recommends. Maybe hes just had better luck??? Of course the new MX4 from klotz...im not sure if its synthetic or Non?? But i like it, they clame it can help lower oil temp!! Ive been running it for the past......4 rounds of the GNCC, and not once have i had clutch slippage or fade! So in my books its some GOOD stuff!

well i can prove that klotz techniplate does not harm clutches, i have ran my gsxr as hard as it can be and it has held up just fine. yes the mx4t is fully synthetic and is almost identical to the 20w/50 techniplate i am referring to, its just bottled for atv (i think). i would like to stress he is wrong about syns causing slippage or more wear, UNLESS he is referring to CAR syns. anywho, i am sure he has his reasons and is a good engine builder. ;)

Dave400ex
10-01-2002, 07:13 PM
If TC is wrong about Non-Synthetic, then so is Duncan because when I called them and asked about Oil they also said they do not run Synthetic in any of their Four Strokes. I`m not saying Synthetic is bad. I`m sure you Guys have had good luck with it, but they know more then us so I trust them.

10-01-2002, 09:21 PM
Goddernit, talked to him again a minute ago, he said there is a national he has to be at this week and he has it on his planner to start Mon and he will be done by Wed

Sorry to bust into your thread but your either a very very patient man or a clinicly insane one.:D

He said there is no doubt that i will be the fastest 400EX out there unless I run across an extensively modifed bike by him or Sparks!!! Then just exactly would he consider your monster motor to be? A freshened up 400ex?

Between the cost and the crazy wait you had better be able to put in a respectable run against almost anyting.

And I get upset with doing my own mods cause I take my time but this guy is literaly taking your motor to a full term 9 month pregnancy, this will seriously be "your baby".

Good luck getting everything back together etc cause the quad is looking sweet.

ChadEXer
10-02-2002, 08:06 AM
:D Your right its definately my baby,,,,,,its a lot harder waiting on this baby then all my other babies!!! What he means by extensively modified is, Their is a guy that owns Sandragon motorsport that has a 560EX with the carb that is mounted under the gas tank and shoots directly into the motor, and other things you wouldnt even believe,,,he said he rebuilds it after about every 10-15 runs down the strip!!!!! Dont think i need anything that crazy!!!!!!
by the way 440EX4me,,,I am not patient at all!! I am the exact opposite!! But good things come to those who wait!!:D

oynot400
10-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Oynot, you think that FDO 463 will hang with a dragged out TC 505 on alcohol and lord knows maybe even NOS by then????:D

I just want to see it run! :devil We got a couple of die hard yamaha guys in our group and I want to show them what a Honda can do. :D

Dave400ex
10-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Chad you really don`t have a choice but to wait. When you get the Motor you will be happy you did.

ChadEXer
10-02-2002, 03:41 PM
The waiting thing actually didnt bother me half as bad as it usually would,,,shortly after I sent my motor along with the first half of the money, i fell into a hole at work and money got real tight,,,,just as Im coming out of that hole again, my motor is just about done!! Worked out perrty good!! Now if He just has it to me by Fri so i can go to Little Sahara,,,Ill be great!!