PDA

View Full Version : 2007 trx300ex

smokindarts
02-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey whats up everybody, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I am also new to the atv scene so bare with me. Last month I picked up a 2007 trx300ex. I got the 300 because it was my first ATV and I was an Unexperienced rider, So I stayed away from the 400:(. When I first started to ride the 300 I thought it was pretty quick. Untill my brother got a suzuki z400. So I had to get some aftermarket parts. here is what I picked up

K&N filter and jet kit w/ outerwear
SuperTrapp ISDN2 race exaust w/ headers
1 # down on the front sprocket
Rev Box
parking brake eliminator
pirelli race rail tires front and back
Full skid plates
clutch lever
new handle bars and grips

What do you guys think of my set up? is there anything else you would recomend me doing? I will have pictures soon

Family Guy
02-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Nice start accept front sprocket. I would have went up in size. More top end. I have ran a 12 tooth on the front and did not like it. Next I would start on some suspension upgrades.

smokindarts
02-09-2007, 10:34 AM
i only went down to a 14. I like the low end power in the trails I ride. Hopefully suspension is next what do you recomend

Tri-valleyracin
02-09-2007, 01:31 PM
If you have a 14 then its up one because a stock 300ex has a 13 in front. its for more topend but still good in the trails. im running 14/36 gearing its good on the track and the trails.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-09-2007, 04:57 PM
i would also get nerf bars

Sjorge450R
02-10-2007, 09:17 AM
good choice in a pipe :). I love my Supertrapp and its got a really good sound.

The next thing you should do if you didnt do it already is to re-jet and maybe even remove the air box lid. Then next on the list would be a 11:1 piston. Just get a standard bore one and put it in now why the bore on your cylinder is still fresh.\

Also, definetly get rid of that 12t front sprocket. Thats killing your top end. If you are using 20" rear tires, you are prob topping out at like 45mph...lol. Go to a 14. I raced XC and I used the 14/38 setup.

smokindarts
02-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanx for all the help guys. As soon as my exhaust gets in Im going to rejet and remove the intake lid. I had originally bought the 14t sprocket and still have it, but the tech at honda told me I would need a whole new chain and I would be better off with the 12t. Is this true?

Sjorge450R
02-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by smokindarts
Thanx for all the help guys. As soon as my exhaust gets in Im going to rejet and remove the intake lid. I had originally bought the 14t sprocket and still have it, but the tech at honda told me I would need a whole new chain and I would be better off with the 12t. Is this true?

no. Never listen to dealerships(not trying to offend any one that works at one). The 12 will compleltly kill your riding experience. You will have to shift to like 4th gear before you are even goin glike 20 mph. Put the 14 on. ALl you have to do it remove the case saver, but if you grind the saver down, you can still use it. Then re adjust the chain. There is plenty of slack to put the 14t on.

smokindarts
02-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Yea, the 12t sucks. Got the bike back this morning and it didnt feel good at all, it was way better stock. I still have the 14t, but like I said I'm new to this stuff. So I dont know if I could do the install, I would hate to have honda charge me $70. How hard is it to do this. And whats up with the jetting honda is trying to charge me $200 is there any way around that. They already charged me $385 to install new tires, handle bars, clutch lever, sprocket and skid plates . Im probally getting ripped off.

Sjorge450R
02-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Yea, the 12t sucks. Got the bike back this morning and it didnt feel good at all, it was way better stock. I still have the 14t, but like I said I'm new to this stuff. So I dont know if I could do the install, I would hate to have honda charge me $70. How hard is it to do this. And whats up with the jetting honda is trying to charge me $200 is there any way around that. They already charged me $385 to install new tires, handle bars, clutch lever, sprocket and skid plates . Im probally getting ripped off.

wow! Im so glad I do all my own work. Most of that cost was probaly beacuse of the tires. To change the front sprocket, all you need to do is make the chain as loose as possible and then unbolt the cover on the front sprocket and remove the two bolts. Then slide that sprocket off and put the new one in. When you put the new one in, you will need to remove the case saver. Also, use some red loktite on the sprocket bolts. Then put the cover back on and tighten the chain back up. Thats all.

smokindarts
02-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Sjorge what is a case saver and why do I have to get rid of it. thanx for all the help

Sjorge450R
02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Sjorge what is a case saver and why do I have to get rid of it. thanx for all the help

its a guard that protects the case from the chain incase the chain were to pop off or break and hit the motor. I never used one, my chain broke at about 45mph while i gunned the gas and it didnt even hurt the motor.

smokindarts
02-11-2007, 04:34 PM
that sounds pretty easy ill give it a try. also how many disks are you using in your supertrapp.

Sjorge450R
02-12-2007, 04:09 AM
that sounds pretty easy ill give it a try. also how many disks are you using in your supertrapp.

I think I was using 12 or 13 last time I checked.

quadfamily
02-12-2007, 05:14 PM
what part of Jersey are you from and what dealer did you take it to?

smokindarts
02-13-2007, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by quadfamily
what part of Jersey are you from and what dealer did you take it to? [/QUOTE

Im from northern nj I took the bike to pompton honda and suzuki

Sjorge450R
02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by quadfamily
what part of Jersey are you from and what dealer did you take it to? [/QUOTE

Hey, I forgot to tell you. Me and a friend (hes about 35) acually have a small business that we started like a year ago fixing quads and we sorta specialize in the 300ex and mini quads. If you need anything done let me know. We are way cheaper than dealers and dont rip people off and we know what we are talking about since we are both racers. Were we work from is in Langhorne, PA. Right across the river from Trenton.

Im from northern nj I took the bike to pompton honda and suzuki

N300exJ
02-14-2007, 07:44 AM
you can run a 14t with a case saver just you need to grind it down a lil bit so the chain has enough room to go around it. The 300 engine i have now had no case saver and had to be repaired because the chain tore a big hole in it. Lucky for me i know someone that can repair aluminum parts.

smokindarts
02-14-2007, 09:42 PM
sjorge check ur PM's

smokindarts
02-14-2007, 09:42 PM
sjorge check ur PM's

blasterfreak99
02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
you will also want to put in a mild cam with that hi-comp piston. its about 170-180 dollars for one.